Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Update for DM's 0x09 document

AuthorMessageTime
dRAgoN
D2/D2X
------
(DWORD) Number of games
LIST:
(DWORD)
(DWORD)
(WORD)
(WORD) Host's remote port
(DWORD) Host's IP
(DWORD)
(DWORD)
(DWORD)
(DWORD) Elapsed time (in seconds)
(STRING) Game name (null terminated)
(BYTE) 0 (extra null byte for some reason)

^(STRING) Game Comment Which is done by the host when creating (null terminated)^

~dRAgoN
October 9, 2002, 4:42 AM
Wolf
Hmmmmm, thanks for posting an update. Now if there were some info on binding to UDP so that you can physically send the bot into a game instead of just listing the games that are currently running, then that would be quite handy and really helpful :-/
January 8, 2003, 2:03 AM
Coltz
Check out Eth Bot's source.  It can join / create games.  Only problem is people can't join the games that the bot creates  :(
January 8, 2003, 3:47 PM
MesiaH
ethbot can join games already made?
January 8, 2003, 6:50 PM
Wolf
I'm afraid I don't know where to get the source Coltz.  :'(
January 8, 2003, 7:00 PM
Coltz
http://aodw.hypermart.net/EthBotFull.zip
January 8, 2003, 8:33 PM
Wolf
Thank you very much Coltz  ;D
January 8, 2003, 9:45 PM
Coltz
thank etheran  ;)
January 9, 2003, 5:54 PM
DeMoKiLL
btw I dont even think other bots can join the game ethbot creates. Also I think the start game is a bit messed up. ;D
January 10, 2003, 9:51 PM
UserLoser
Yes, it does not work.  it says to high of latency to join the game.  And starting game always fails.
January 10, 2003, 11:00 PM
MiCrOz
I think ethbot was designed to make/join games for another patch, and it hasnt been updated since. Also, ethbot can only join games created by another ethbot, or so I believe.
January 11, 2003, 12:35 AM
DeMoKiLL
well say u made ethbot have proxy support and had them both go in same game and start. Would it actually work? I dont think start works eather.
January 11, 2003, 2:00 AM
Wolf
I guess if you logged it in through a seprate CD Key (you have to any way to use on bnet) you could, I don't see why you can't. Only thing I can see anyone worrying about is the stablity of the proxy server you connected to =\
January 11, 2003, 2:23 AM
Zonker
Unless ethbot has udp support, game clients or other bots can't truely join it's games through the  standard method.  When the game says that the latency is too high, it basically means there wasn't a reply to a UDP packet sent to the game host's IP within a certain alloted amount of time
January 11, 2003, 2:57 AM
DeMoKiLL
Well there is udp support. I dont know if its good anough to play games on, but u can log on bnet on udp.
January 11, 2003, 1:22 PM
Zonker
The system for logging on battle.net being able to play games is quite useless when it comes to bots, the client tells the server wether it got the udp packets or not.  You don't even have to receive the packets, just tell battle.net that you got them
January 11, 2003, 3:23 PM
dRAgoN
just as your encryption key is in 0x50's recieve there is also the udp key in 0x50 if sent corectly you recieve back  some udp packets 3 if i remember. now if you create your game and someone trys to join your game while your udp socket is not connected 'you can figure out your outcome'

~l)ragon
January 11, 2003, 8:24 PM

Search