Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Injuries

AuthorMessageTime
Vicious
Have you ever had an injury? Like a broken leg or something?

I've had a few. I was in a car crash when I was a little baby. I don't think I was injured though. My dad broke his back. A stupid drunk driver his us. >:(

When I was 7 or 8, my mom got me a skateboard. I didn't really know how to ride one, so I like sat on it and rided it down a hill. I tried riding down the sidewalk hill on my stomach, and my chin got caught underneith the skateboard and rubbed against the cement. I had to get some stiches, and I have a scar on my chin now.

A couple years ago, I had a blue mountain bike. My sisters and their kids and me were going to the park, and I was riding on the sidewalk on my bike. When I was riding my front tire went inbetween the grass and the sidewalk, so I lifted the front end of my bike up. The tire came off, and the front part of the bike hit the sidewalk and the back end fliped forward. I landed on my face. I blacked out for a few seconds. I remember pushing myself up and feeling my face. It was all bloody. My hands were really messed up too. Two of my teeth were crushed against the cement. My mom took me to the emergency room, and they made me wait a freaking hour, so we just gave up. My mom works at the hospital so we just went upstairs and got some bandages. Now I have scars all over my hands, especially my right knuckles.
May 14, 2004, 3:19 AM
Mephisto
Rough. ^^

As active as my outdoor life is (hiking, backpacking, sports, biking, snowboarding/skiing, etc.) I am happy to have never experienced any kind of injury other than a little cut or something. I've never broken a bone, and I've only sprained my finger once when I ran through a hallway and hit my finger on the side in between the open door. It hurt like a bitch. :P
May 14, 2004, 3:38 AM
iago
Hmm, I don't spend much time outside at all, or play many sports, and I have never injured myself (go figure!). I have a scar on my nose, though, from when I fell down the stairs as a kid and landed on something sharp.
May 14, 2004, 4:01 AM
Naem
I broke a couple bones in my arm, radius and ulna I think they're called, when I tried jumping to a monkey bar that was too far away. I would jump past the first 4 or 5 monkey bars and see the furthest one I could reach..... well it ended badly one day :o
May 14, 2004, 5:44 AM
Tuberload
In 5th grade I fell off a roof and broke my jaw. In 6th grade I rolled a four-wheeler and broke a rib that punctured my lung. I also broke part of my back (luckily I can still walk). In 8th grade I wrecked my bike and ripped just about my entire right shin off. In 9th grade some guy who had a point to prove stabbed me in the stomach. In 10th grade I got a couple of my teeth broken out because I wouldn’t back down to a bad ass and his friends. From there I mainly just got arrested a lot. Last Halloween I got arrested for two counts of 2nd degree assault with a deadly weapon. Fortunately for me I got the charges dropped to two gross misdemeanors, possession of a weapon. Last Christmas I got hit in the head with a beer bottle, and I now have a nice scar on my right cheek.

I have had many accidents in between the ones I just stated, but I don't feel the need to share them.

Now I go to work, hang out with the few true friends I really have, and spend my spare time on my computer talking to you wonderful folks. ;) I would rather be alive than dead. I have since learned I do not have to be cool. Instead I choose to use my brains a little more often, and stopped trying to prove whatever point I happened to be fighting for.
May 14, 2004, 7:47 AM
Null
You should be a stuntman.
May 14, 2004, 8:00 AM
iago
[quote author=Tuberload link=board=2;threadid=6797;start=0#msg60087 date=1084520867]
Now I go to work, hang out with the few true friends I really have, and spend my spare time on my computer talking to you wonderful folks. ;) I would rather be alive than dead. I have since learned I do not have to be cool. Instead I choose to use my brains a little more often, and stopped trying to prove whatever point I happened to be fighting for.
[/quote]

At least you learned from it. Well, eventually :P
May 14, 2004, 8:22 AM
synth
I was playing catcher in one of those middle-school P.E. classes. We were playing softball. When one of the guys hit the ball, he accidentally flung his bat backwards.

into my face. It hit right above my left eye, like right on the eyebrow. I didn't really feel anything hurt, but blood started dripping down onto my shoe. It was weird - my head was ringing, I felt really cold, and the blood felt strangely warm. Then I waited like 6 hours in the emergency room for it to get stitched up. The guy who did it was the father of one of my friends, and he would *tap* on the exposed bone to make sure everything was intact. I ended up getting like 30-something stitches.

All my minor injuries seem to be from baseball, also. Like, a concussion (well, besides the one mentioned above), I got run over at home plate as catcher two years ago. The guy was a real chunker, like 250lbs (mind you, I'm pretty small for my age). So, completely disregarding our league's rules, he ran me over, and I hit my head (whiplash) on the ground, real hard. The cool thing though was, he was out at the plate (I held onto the ball) and he also got ejected. Our pitcher and cleanup hitter both came out to help me up, then our pitcher threw at the next guy.

Then there's the really minor, nagging injuries such as scrapes and cuts from spikes, running into guys in the outfield, foul balls off the foot/ankle, etc.
May 14, 2004, 12:31 PM
Eibro
Dislocated shoulder. Many teeth through my lips. Broken teeth. Concussions. Missing part of my eyebrow from when I scraped it on the road.
As far as I can tell, my bones are unbreakable.
May 14, 2004, 12:45 PM
j0k3r
Never brocken anything, a few sprains and pulls here and there. The most serious one was this year I think when I tried to bench 155 for the first time, and something in my shoulder screwed up and I almost dropped the bar on the top of my chest/throat (aye, spotting is good). I was fine in 2 days and trying it again.
May 14, 2004, 1:23 PM
Mephisto
ew, you punctured your lung? :o
May 14, 2004, 2:13 PM
Trance
I've never broken a bone, but I have had a big metal clamp fall on my foot in 7th grade!
May 14, 2004, 3:54 PM
Eli_1
I've had my nose broken by a golf club, and I've broken my elbow from falling backwards out of a tree.

I skateboard now... I can only wait...
May 14, 2004, 6:27 PM
LW-Falcon
I've sprained my neck pretty bad when I was sleeping in the car for three hours and my head was against the window.
May 14, 2004, 8:34 PM
DrivE
I attribute some injuries to bad luck. I mean, some people trip on roller blades and break their wrists and forearms, and I've fallen from nearly two story rock walls and had no injuries whatsoever.
May 15, 2004, 12:06 AM
CrackS
When I was 6 or 7(can't remember) I was playing baseball with my freinds and one of their older borhters. Well my friends older brother was waiting to get up at bat and was doing some warm-up swings. I happened to be siiting next to him doing this and I got up as he was swinging. Once I got up the metal bat smacked me dead center in the forehead. I fell on the ground and blood was all over my face. Some how I didn't black out. I also have broke the bottom portion of my leg and broke 2 ribs in hockey games getting hit with slapshots.
May 15, 2004, 2:49 AM
Archonist
Let's see!

Alright, 4th Grade, I was biking and I tried jumping a huge gap, Fell right into it and screwed up my leg, nothing broken that time.

6th Grade, Skateboarding, Broke my wrists jumping off a roof.

7th Grade, I fought some kid, didn't get hurt in the fight but before the fight had happened a few days before he hurt my wrist really bad when he threw a baseball at it while I was turned around.

8th Grade, Skateboarding, again broke my wrist, While going way to fast down a hill I tried 360 flipping off the curb, so much for that idea.

9th Grade, (Current), Skateboarding, broke my wrist(figures) while skating with some friends at school, went to jump a poll, but my friend was standing there and I would've hit him so I bailed and hit my wrist on the pole.
May 15, 2004, 1:02 PM
Hitmen
How the hell did you land on your wrists jumping off a roof..?
May 15, 2004, 3:07 PM
LW-Falcon
I think he tried to put his hands out to stop himself, didnt think it worked too well. ;D
May 15, 2004, 3:45 PM
Maddox
Last year I was at a meat plant and I fell in the meat shredder. They were able to turn off the machine, but not before I had lost both my arms and a leg. Fortunately, they were able to reattach them. The only problem was, they mixed up my left leg and arm so now I type with 1 foot.
May 15, 2004, 10:21 PM
Adron
[quote author=Maddox link=board=2;threadid=6797;start=15#msg60293 date=1084659667]
Last year I was at a meat plant and I fell in the meat shredder. They were able to turn off the machine, but not before I had lost both my arms and a leg. Fortunately, they were able to reattach them. The only problem was, they mixed up my left leg and arm so now I type with 1 foot.
[/quote]

Sure it didn't mash your brain too?
May 15, 2004, 10:28 PM
Maddox
[quote author=Adron link=board=2;threadid=6797;start=15#msg60294 date=1084660111]
[quote author=Maddox link=board=2;threadid=6797;start=15#msg60293 date=1084659667]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you have a sudden injury that made you an asshole?
May 15, 2004, 10:42 PM
Adron
[quote author=Maddox link=board=2;threadid=6797;start=15#msg60296 date=1084660927]
[quote author=Adron link=board=2;threadid=6797;start=15#msg60294 date=1084660111]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I'm just judging from your posts. They seem slightly weird, which might be caused by some brain damage.
May 15, 2004, 11:25 PM
Archonist
[quote author=Maddox link=board=2;threadid=6797;start=15#msg60296 date=1084660927]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope, blame my parents.
May 15, 2004, 11:51 PM
Maddox
[quote author=Adron link=board=2;threadid=6797;start=15#msg60305 date=1084663500]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I'm just judging from your posts. They seem slightly weird, which might be caused by some brain damage.
[/quote]

You mean post?
May 16, 2004, 12:15 AM
Adron
[quote author=Maddox link=board=2;threadid=6797;start=15#msg60313 date=1084666544]
[quote author=Adron link=board=2;threadid=6797;start=15#msg60305 date=1084663500]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You mean post?
[/quote]

No, I mean posts. There was some other post that seemed a bit strange earlier, and now this one!
May 16, 2004, 12:34 AM
LW-Falcon
Why is this in the general computing anyway? lol
May 16, 2004, 1:15 AM

Search