Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Web Development | ASP.NET 2.0

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
I just got this month's issue of MSDN Magazine, which is all about ASP.NET 2.0. After downloading the PDC version of Visual Studio Whidbey and being completely disappointed that an ASP.NET Web Project is not among the project types under New->Project, I found in the magazine that you go to New->Web.

The functionality that ASP.NET 2.0 supports out of the box is absolutely incredible. Automatic providers for membership, themed websites by separating style into a "master" page, et. al. It comes with info for automatic reporting, among other things.

I'll let you all know when I have more info. What I've seen though, is absolutely incredible so far.
May 10, 2004, 3:48 AM
St0rm.iD
Keep us updated :) ASP.NET is way cool.
May 10, 2004, 11:03 AM
peofeoknight
asp.net 2 will have automatic url parsing for the session. Like it is optional now in the web.config, but in 2.0 it will see if the user has cookies or not, and if not the url will be parsed. 2.0 will be nice, but I hope they cleaned up the output, the js in particular, I hope they decided that all the cool people are using the type attribute.
May 12, 2004, 2:15 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=peofeoknight link=board=22;threadid=6728;start=0#msg59695 date=1084328124]
asp.net 2 will have automatic url parsing for the session. Like it is optional now in the web.config, but in 2.0 it will see if the user has cookies or not, and if not the url will be parsed. 2.0 will be nice, but I hope they cleaned up the output, the js in particular, I hope they decided that all the cool people are using the type attribute.
[/quote]

I understood it to be programmatically and web.config assigned still. The problem was that too many people had cookies not supported and lamers (read: newbs) couldn't figure out how to get around it.
May 12, 2004, 6:12 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=22;threadid=6728;start=0#msg59807 date=1084385569]
[quote author=peofeoknight link=board=22;threadid=6728;start=0#msg59695 date=1084328124]
[/quote]

I understood it to be programmatically and web.config assigned still. The problem was that too many people had cookies not supported and lamers (read: newbs) couldn't figure out how to get around it.
[/quote] well you would be still have to tell it to automatically parse when there is no cookie support (in web.config), but it would not be either a cookie based session, or a non-cookie based sesssion. Atleast that is what I have heard. Ill bet you $0.50 on it, and when asp.net 2.0 comes out we can see who is right if we remember this bet :). You can parse a query string with the session data in it, which is what some did with classic, but that is a pain in the butt.
May 19, 2004, 7:11 PM

Search