Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | XP-Style GUI Converting with a Manifest File

AuthorMessageTime
Flame
I have been looking around to find how I can make my controls have a Windows XP look to them by using a manifest file and a few lines of code, and so far this has been successful. However I have encountered a problem, the caption for checkboxes and option buttons seems to not display. I have seen this before in a few other programs, and I'm not sure if it's something with my computer, or a coding error of some sort. I've been looking at this and it seems to be a problem with the forecolor, I am not sure what the coding problem could be (if it's even is a coding problem) but if it's needed, I can post the xml coding that I used in the manifest file. I haven't seen this problem in any other controls yet, just checkboxes and option buttons, and I've tried using system colors for the forecolor, and any other colors, but nothing seems to work.

Edit: While tinkering with this it seems that the background and forecolor properties don't change at all and both remain black no matter what I had previously set the properties to be. It only does this when I use the manifest file, but otherwise it appears fine.
May 9, 2004, 11:56 PM

Search