Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | VB + CSS

AuthorMessageTime
Noodlez
I'm currently working on a class right now which implements an entire VB project with a given CSS file. Would any of you want this when it's done? I was wondering what you guys thought of the idea.

It's great for customizing bots. For example, this is how you would make whispers display in a certain color.

richtextbox.whisper{color: black; text-effect: underline}

To change the font on every single form you simply do
body{font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif}

Actual font names are capitalized, and when there are spaces you put quotations around the font. Anyway, this isn't a CSS tutorial, I was just wondering who would be interested in implementing this class into one of their projects. I'm sure bot users would appreciate being able to customize the way a bot looks.
May 8, 2004, 9:47 PM
Eli_1
Most of the public bots already implement some kind of option that allows the user to change the "look and feel" of their bot. But this sounds like a neat little personal project.
May 8, 2004, 11:05 PM
kamakazie
[quote author=Noodlez link=board=31;threadid=6702;start=0#msg59087 date=1084052826]
I'm currently working on a class right now which implements an entire VB project with a given CSS file. Would any of you want this when it's done? I was wondering what you guys thought of the idea.

It's great for customizing bots. For example, this is how you would make whispers display in a certain color.

richtextbox.whisper{color: black; text-effect: underline}

To change the font on every single form you simply do
body{font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif}

Actual font names are capitalized, and when there are spaces you put quotations around the font. Anyway, this isn't a CSS tutorial, I was just wondering who would be interested in implementing this class into one of their projects. I'm sure bot users would appreciate being able to customize the way a bot looks.
[/quote]

I did something similar to this with the webbrowser control. It linked to a CSS file, and I just updated the browser with whatever need to be displayed. Worked quite nicely.
May 9, 2004, 3:09 PM
Stealth
I would be interested in replacing my existing system with this one -- it allows much greater customizability and it's not as proprietary.
May 9, 2004, 8:55 PM

Search