Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Read D2 In-Game Text

AuthorMessageTime
phvckmeh
I need to learn how to read Diablo 2 ingame text with visual basic.

I hope to create two things, one that logs all in game text.

And the other will be a stats program for pk rooms, that logs kills, deaths etc.

i know i will need to use ReadProcessMemory

Thx Guys!!!
May 2, 2004, 4:56 AM
iago
I don't think you'll be able to do this with vb. At least, not easily. The best way would be to inject code and log chat functions, but vb can't (or can barely) go to that low level.
May 2, 2004, 6:08 AM
phvckmeh
ive seen it done :D

for example

[code]Private Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" (ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long
Private Declare Function GetWindowThreadProcessId Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, lpdwProcessId As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function OpenProcess Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwDesiredAccess As Long, ByVal bInheritHandle As Long, ByVal dwProcessId As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function ReadProcessMemory Lib "kernel32" (ByVal hProcess As Long, ByVal lpBaseAddress As Any, lpBuffer As Any, ByVal nSize As Long, lpNumberOfBytesWritten As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function CloseHandle Lib "kernel32" (ByVal hObject As Long) As Long

Private Sub Main()
Const PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS = &H1F0FFF
Dim pindIni As New IniEditor

Dim windowname As String
windowname = "Diablo II"
Dim health As Long
Dim diablohwnd As Long
diablohwnd = FindWindow(vbNullString, windowname)
If (diablohwnd = 0) Then
MsgBox windowname & " must be running"
Exit Sub
End If
Dim diablopid As Long
GetWindowThreadProcessId diablohwnd, diablopid
Dim pHandle As Long
pHandle = OpenProcess(PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS, False, diablopid)
If (pHandle = 0) Then
MsgBox "Couldn't get a handle, please ensure that " & windowname & " is running"
Exit Sub
End If
Dim buf As Long
Dim addy As Long
addy = &H6FBBC200
ReadProcessMemory pHandle, addy, buf, 4, 0&
addy = buf + &H5C
addy = buf + &H10
If buf And &H80000000 Then
addy = addy + &H38
Else
addy = addy + &H14
End If

health = buf + &H25
ReadProcessMemory pHandle, health, buf, 4, 0&

MsgBox buf

CloseHandle (pHandle)
End Sub
[/code]

that will grab your life in game, (and save it to INI)
May 2, 2004, 7:34 AM
Dyndrilliac
You might take a peek at the games Send() winsock function. Hook it and copy the text as the client sends it.
May 2, 2004, 8:48 AM
TheMinistered
He doesn't want to get the data being sent out by his client. He wants to get the data received by his client. Thus, he does not want to hook Send! Rather, if he chooses to use hooking as his method of choice, Recv! If not, then he should try to find the function(s) that display text to the screen.
May 2, 2004, 10:34 PM
Dyndrilliac
Either way you slice it, he's getting half of what he wants done(Logging all text). I was just using the Send() as an example.
May 3, 2004, 7:28 PM
phvckmeh
how whould i do this!
May 4, 2004, 1:26 AM
Dyndrilliac
Research hooking.
May 4, 2004, 2:51 AM

Search