Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Recieved 0x43 from Battle.net

AuthorMessageTime
DarkOne
I've never seen this packet before and I recieved while logging onto Warcraft III: FT. I Recieved this packet during the time the USEast servers were undergoing maintenance. I was unable to join my clan channel and was sent to the void after recieving this packet. After maintenance, everything was fine and dandy. The packet only contained a standard header and a DWORD (which was 0). Anyone know anything about this packet? What it is used for?
April 30, 2004, 10:27 PM
Lenny
One of my bots also recieved a strange packet just before Server Maintenance...
But I dont have any record of it, since someone using my bot was the one that saw it...The user described it as being very large...

GoSuGaMING: Its not that no one cares, its that no one has any information to give....I dont think anyone cares about your comments.
May 2, 2004, 3:08 AM
BaDDBLooD
i have gotten the same error aswell i think it may be that Blizzard is warning you what time the server is going down exactly, or what there doing, or just a message with information they want you to know
May 2, 2004, 3:23 AM
Tuberload
Maybe it is a packet notifying clients that there is server maintenance going on and your chat privileges are temporarily restricted? I have no real solid input to provide, but if you received it while maintenance was being performed, and then you were not allowed access to your channel, it would only seem logical.
May 2, 2004, 3:32 AM
Soul Taker
Hate to bring back a dead thread, but as soon as the servers came back from this recent downtime, I recieved this packet.
[code]
[6:29:44 PM] Recieved unhandled packet!
0000: FF 43 08 00-00 00 00 00 ÿC......[/code]
As you can see, there's no data in it (other than a null DWORD). Anyone have any evidence what the heck this is?
August 31, 2004, 10:41 PM
Myndfyr
I really don't think it's anything major to worry about. :-/ My *guess* would be that, if you're getting it for WC3 around server maintenance time, it's used to disable or enable the interface (so you can't start games and that).

BTW.... Remember the rule... "i before e, except after c...". :P
September 1, 2004, 12:37 AM
kamakazie
[quote author=MyndFyre link=board=17;threadid=6582;start=0#msg78488 date=1093999040]
BTW.... Remember the rule... "i before e, except after c...". :P
[/quote]

That's weird...

[edit] should complete the end of that rule ;)
September 1, 2004, 4:31 AM
Myndfyr
FINE.

"or when sounding like 'a' as in 'neighbor' and 'weigh,' except when it's 'weird' or 'their.'"

Happy? :P

Note that "weird" is generally a catch-all. :P
September 1, 2004, 6:44 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
Why don't you make a basic program to connect to (which will connect you to bnet) and have it send you that packet? You could then easily see what it does.
September 3, 2004, 4:07 AM
tA-Kane
[quote author=R.a.B.B.i.T link=board=17;threadid=6582;start=0#msg78846 date=1094184442]
Why don't you make a basic program to connect to (which will connect you to bnet) and have it send you that packet? You could then easily see what it does.
[/quote]That wouldn't be so easy with WarCraft 3, since it does some server address checking (the 128 extra bytes in S->C 0x50).
September 9, 2004, 4:21 PM

Search