Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Outlook.exe error

AuthorMessageTime
Denial
[img]http://www.battlecenter.net/outlook.jpg[/img]

i have a cordless logitech keyboard and for some reason yesterday it started to give me that error anytime i press the volume control up or down on the keyboard any suggestions?
April 28, 2004, 7:30 PM
KoRRuPT
I had a cordless logitech keyboard and all it did was bring troubles. I kept getting those errors too, to solve the prolbem, I took back my cordless keyboard. Other than suggesting a different piece of equipment, I have no clue what the source of that error is.
April 28, 2004, 7:36 PM
hismajesty
My cordless Logitech keyboard worked well, it never gave me problems. Well, not until I spilled a bottle of water on it. :( They just don't like you guys. :P
April 28, 2004, 7:39 PM
synth
Does your keyboard support switching to a different channel?
April 28, 2004, 8:17 PM
Denial
ya it does i replaced my mouse batteries recently and it switched channel "Now on channel 1"
April 28, 2004, 8:18 PM
synth
Do you think that any other appliance or electronic device around the area could be causing interference?
April 28, 2004, 8:20 PM
LW-Falcon
wired>cordless
April 28, 2004, 9:01 PM
Skywing
[quote author=synth link=board=2;threadid=6524;start=0#msg57319 date=1083183606]
Do you think that any other appliance or electronic device around the area could be causing interference?
[/quote]
Sounds more like buggy software. Try using the default drivers and not the custom Logitech stuff that comes with the keyboard?

Logitech has a history of providing buggy things with their mice, it wouldn't surprise me if there were problems with their keyboards as well.
April 28, 2004, 9:06 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Skywing link=board=2;threadid=6524;start=0#msg57341 date=1083186399]
[quote author=synth link=board=2;threadid=6524;start=0#msg57319 date=1083183606]
[/quote]
Sounds more like buggy software. Try using the default drivers and not the custom Logitech stuff that comes with the keyboard?

Logitech has a history of providing buggy things with their mice, it wouldn't surprise me if there were problems with their keyboards as well.
[/quote]

About four years I've had a wireless logitech mouse/multimedia keyboard, never had a problem with it.
April 28, 2004, 10:01 PM
Denial
but why would it give a error now? ive never had a problem with it before! and i havent done anything but switched batteries in the mouse
April 29, 2004, 6:32 AM
Puzzle
[quote author=Skywing link=board=2;threadid=6524;start=0#msg57341 date=1083186399]
[/quote]

[/quote]
That's exactly what I was thinking. There are rare instances where you actually need drivers that Windows XP doesn't provide generic drivers for. I don't think that it would have anything to do with outside interference since the error is generated in a seperate application. Try reinstalling the keyboard. The most logical explanation for the error would be corrupt device drivers. If that doesn't work then try reinstalling Office XP before you go replacing your keyboard.

Also: The volume controls for media player will not work with Logitech keyboards unless their software is installed. However, the rest of the media player controls will work. (play/pause, stop, etc.)
April 29, 2004, 1:46 PM
Denial
1. I dont use windows xp i use windows 2000 professional edition

2. besides using the other drivers what would be the best way? to reinstall the keyboard and mouse maybe?
April 30, 2004, 3:31 PM

Search