Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | DLL References

AuthorMessageTime
PaiD
Ok I have made dlls that I use in my bot in vb but I wanted to know if there anyway I could stop some1 from loading it in there bot as a References and see the cmds in the dll? I want to be able to do Declare Public Function bla (stuff here) and call it in the dll and make it so the dll cant be loaded into some1s vb and see all the functions. Do any1 know how to do this?
April 24, 2004, 8:32 PM
Dyndrilliac
Why not just not release the dll's? If you mean you want to stop people from disassembling the bot and being able to see the used function references, then you can use what most gaming companies use on modern games to keep people from reversing game code and using it to cheat, intentionally corrupting the PE headers. PE is the Portable Executable format and it's what Disassemblers/Debuggers like win32DASM rely on to accurately display the contents of the disassembled file, when it comes to EXE's. I don't know how to go about doing this, but it will stop most dll declared functions from being seen, if not all. There is a document on the PE format somewhere in the Documents section of this site.
April 24, 2004, 9:17 PM
PaiD
Ok I think I asked this wrong. You know from EC the BNLS.dll file. Ok if you try and load it as a reference it says it cant be loaded, but when I try mine it can load it fine. Can the bnls.dll now be loaded b/c it is in a non vb lang or can I do something to stop ppl from loading my dll as a reference?
April 24, 2004, 9:23 PM
iago
This wouldn't be terribly secure, but you can just make one parameter a password for every function :)
April 25, 2004, 4:51 PM
Skywing
[quote author=iago link=board=31;threadid=6456;start=0#msg56843 date=1082911913]
This wouldn't be terribly secure, but you can just make one parameter a password for every function :)
[/quote]
Given that somebody would probably have to do a bit of reverse engineering to learn the prototypes of the functions anyway, I think that a password parameter would add virtually no security. People who know enough to deduce the function signature would have no problem learning about such a password.
April 25, 2004, 5:52 PM
Adron
The problem with VB dlls is that they contain the typelib that you need to be able to use them efficiently. It's very far from making a C dll with only ordinals exported.
April 25, 2004, 10:31 PM

Search