Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Staying on top

AuthorMessageTime
Forged
I am trying to make a program that would stay on top of other windows. I want to be able to run war3and have a small window running over it.
April 23, 2004, 6:07 PM
iago
Because of the way war3 and other such programs do graphics, I don't think that's possible without altering war3's code.
April 23, 2004, 6:16 PM
Forged
o damn :(

I had a way in which I think would make a maphack undetectable, but for conviece sake it would require being on top of the war3 screen.
April 23, 2004, 6:18 PM
Eli_1
IIRC, maphacks are already undetectable. And as far as staying on top, that was just discussed.
https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/phpbbs/index.php?board=31;action=display;threadid=6224
April 23, 2004, 6:33 PM
iago
War3, afaik, implements more protection against maphacks.

Something that IS possible is catching keypresses from a game. You wouldn't have a window on top of yours, but you would have something set up that "if you press f4, this happens, if you press f9, that happens, etc".
April 23, 2004, 6:35 PM
Forged
I am a newb but what is afaik ?
April 23, 2004, 6:52 PM
Eli_1
[quote author=Forged link=board=31;threadid=6439;start=0#msg56490 date=1082746357]
I am a newb but what is afaik ?
[/quote]
I think it's, "as far as I know", but I'm not sure either.
April 23, 2004, 6:53 PM
Forged
yeah the war maphack like all maphacks has to write to the memory if you want it to be displayed on the map. If you were to do this blizzard could easilly scan to see if this memory is being used when you join a game, however if one could make a program that would simplly read the memory and display a minimap (not the one in the game) then blizzard would not be able to tell. I could do this, but I can not make it stay on top of the war3 window, so you have to minimize everytime you want to see what your enemy is doing and that is a pain in the ass.
April 23, 2004, 6:59 PM
iago
[quote author=Forged link=board=31;threadid=6439;start=0#msg56492 date=1082746770]
yeah the war maphack like all maphacks has to write to the memory if you want it to be displayed on the map. If you were to do this blizzard could easilly scan to see if this memory is being used when you join a game, however if one could make a program that would simplly read the memory and display a minimap (not the one in the game) then blizzard would not be able to tell. I could do this, but I can not make it stay on top of the war3 window, so you have to minimize everytime you want to see what your enemy is doing and that is a pain in the ass.
[/quote]

Ah, without doing something very complicated, I don't think that's possible. You can try using Skywing's dxwnd program to run wc3 in a window, though, but I don't know how well that would work.

Wait, can't wc3 be run in windowed mode by default?
April 23, 2004, 7:16 PM
Forged
I don't know, there are programs to run it in a window though, I just thought for convience sake that If I could incorperate what I wanted to do into a window it would be more convient for everyone.
April 23, 2004, 7:24 PM

Search