Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | eternalchat  spht

AuthorMessageTime
Un0rThaDoX
i recently downloaded the eternal chat bot so that i can load wc3 but wehn i tryed to load it it said it was missing files so i went to the site and downloaded the missing files and tried again this time it said failed to load control 'richtextbox' from RICHTX32.OCX. your version of RICHTX32.OCX may be outdated. make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application. and the thing  about that nuthing came with my version except eternalchat.exe, BNLS.DLL and a important text could you possibly post a link to the working files ?
January 29, 2003, 5:45 PM
celluloid
those are the only files you need lol
all you do is, open ec.exe, fill in your settings (which then will create the config.ini) then connect.

ive been using EC since i first found out about it (when he made first public version before it said "Public Build" :P
January 29, 2003, 5:53 PM
drivehappy
Search the internet for the newest version of the richtext OCX.
January 29, 2003, 6:33 PM
un0rthadox
no one happens to have one handy or a site i could dl it from ;)
January 29, 2003, 7:08 PM
RhiNo
instant message me and tell me what file u need i been havin to do that with snowchat latley idk y people need em but they do to load my bot as well as many other bots written in vb
January 29, 2003, 7:51 PM
kNiGhT
u guys are all silly. go to the eternal chat site
http://botdev.valhallalegends.com/eternalchat
and click the link at the top that says Missing Files?
they are all right there
then save the file somewhere on ur hd, go to run and do regsvr32 C:/ocx/richtx32.ocx
or watever ur location might be that is where i put mine.
January 29, 2003, 8:27 PM
celluloid
i just put them in the EC folder ;\
January 29, 2003, 8:32 PM
MesiaH
put all dll's and ocx's in windows\system32
January 30, 2003, 12:59 AM
Grok
Why?  They can be anywhere.  OCXs just have to be registered, not in any path, and DLLs, if COM same thing.  If standard DLLs, the calling application has to know where they are, or they have to be in the path, which starts in the application's own directory.
January 30, 2003, 1:22 AM
MesiaH
yes but if you want to call a dll from multiple programs, if u just slap it in system32, it wouldnt need to be in each directory where each program is...
January 30, 2003, 1:46 AM
Skywing
[quote]yes but if you want to call a dll from multiple programs, if u just slap it in system32, it wouldnt need to be in each directory where each program is...[/quote]
Suggest reading this carefully: Why?  They can be anywhere.

COM dll paths are stored in the registry.
January 30, 2003, 9:45 AM

Search