Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | New Warcraft III Patch/Hash?

AuthorMessageTime
Fpa
Since You All Know About Ste4lthBot v1.6 And v1.8 I'll Get Straight To The Point...
-v1.6 Loaded Warcraft III Just Fine...
-v1.8 Gave Me The Following Bug:
|/ ! \  subscript out of range|
| ŻŻŻ        _____            |
|           | OK  |           |
|            ŻŻŻŻŻ            |
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
-I've Decided To Code A Bot And Im Getting Same Bug, Yet EternalChat Loads Just Fine...
-Could It Be BNLS Dosent Support Warcraft III Logons With Non C Code? (Dumb Question?, EternalChat Is C Code?)
February 5, 2003, 2:01 AM
Fpa
i will never waste 5 min on ascii again...
February 5, 2003, 2:03 AM
Zakath
BNLS supports any login made with the proper packets. In any case, EternalChat is a VB bot, and I would guess your problem could be that the bots are attempting to use an outdated version byte - EC automatically updates it.
February 5, 2003, 3:08 AM
tA-Kane
Fpa, have you Packetlogged EternalChat and your bot, and looked at the differences? >:(
February 5, 2003, 12:03 PM
St0rm.iD
omg, I love ascii art!
February 5, 2003, 4:43 PM
Etheran
grr
February 5, 2003, 5:43 PM
Fpa
thnx kaine ill try that
February 5, 2003, 7:16 PM
Fpa
-umm now im confused..
-is there anyway to load war3 using vb without "hexing"?
-how would i go about updating version byte in vb ?
February 5, 2003, 8:22 PM
MesiaH
*lol*

packet log client, or working war3 bot, look at the position of the old version byte in your bot, look for that position in packet log, take it.
February 5, 2003, 9:09 PM
Fpa
-im still lost...
-i have ethereal from www.ethereal.com i logged my connection with EC
-afterwards i logged my bots connection
-but ummm i still dont see position of packet for version byte
-am i using wrong packet sniffer?
February 6, 2003, 8:40 AM
Zakath
The version byte is not an entire packet - it's a small part (literally a byte) in one specific packet. Look at one of the protocol specs floating around to find out which packet and where - I won't do *all* your work for you. :P
February 6, 2003, 12:21 PM
Yoni
Actually it's a DWORD (treated as a DWORD internally) and may very well be larger than 0xFF. It just never was, so it has been called a "byte".
February 6, 2003, 2:41 PM
Spht
I suggest you abuse the Battle.net logon server's ability to keep you up-to-date with correct version DWORD(!) so that you won't have to keep updating the program each time a new patch is released. It would also be very annoying if the public used your bot and you'd have to send out a new version each time. With EternalChat, it will always acquire correct version information from BNLS so that I do not have to make any changes when new game version are released.
February 6, 2003, 2:45 PM
haZe
I get the same error with my cleanslatebot2.ocx
???
February 6, 2003, 3:52 PM
Zakath
You're evidently coding it wrong then...I can state for a fact that CleanSlateBot.ocx itself is still functional if used correctly, so...
February 6, 2003, 4:01 PM
haZe
no i put csb.cdkey = "************************"
and csb.product = "3RAW"
and all the other crap so i dont think so.
February 6, 2003, 4:03 PM
Zakath
Since I've never used CleanSlateBot in my own code (considering I code in C it'd be rather difficult), I have no idea what that means. However, since OTHER bots using CleanSlateBot are still functional, you must be handling something wrong. If you weren't, *all* CleanSlateBot clients would be having the same problem.
February 6, 2003, 4:05 PM
haZe
OK. Heres what I have:
[code]
Private Sub con_Click()
csb.Accept = 579728
csb.BNLSBotID = "haze"
csb.BNLSBotPassword = "********"
csb.CDKey = "****************"
csb.Password = "******"
csb.Product = "3RAW"
csb.Server = "63.240.202.131"