Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development References | Packet 0x4A

AuthorMessageTime
UserLoser
Is this something new?  I've never seen it before, Battle.net is sending this after they send back packet 51...What is it for?

.J..IX86ExtraWork.mpq.

???
February 5, 2003, 5:41 PM
St0rm.iD
It's the new packet to confuse h4x0rZ.
February 5, 2003, 9:15 PM
Zakath
Lol. This is the packet that's related to the "Send Blizzard your info" stuff that's been in every recent patch. It hadn't been activated for a while, I guess (I gathered from talking to Sky that it is only sometimes enabled on the server).

As a bot-author, you don't seem to need to do anything with it. Just handle it and ignore it.
February 5, 2003, 9:36 PM
Yoni
[quote]As a bot-author, you don't seem to need to do anything with it. Just handle it and ignore it.[/quote]
IIRC, BinaryChat handles it and sends the server fake info. But it was buggy and got me IP-banned one day, so...

[18:00:39] - D:\Misc\Battle.net\BinaryChat\KillExtraWork.bcp

Oh well
February 6, 2003, 12:02 PM
UserLoser
If it is sending the server info...How might it be getting away from appearing on my packet logger? (WPE PRO if it that matters...)
February 6, 2003, 6:48 PM
Zakath
Obviously if you have your Blizzard clients set to not send your info, and you don't do anything in response to packet 0x4a with your bot, you WON'T be sending any info, and thus there is nothing to show up on your packet logger.
February 6, 2003, 6:51 PM
haZe
This new packet is part of the new 1.05a patch, used to stop No-CD cracks.
February 6, 2003, 7:08 PM
Zakath
No, it isn't. Packet 0x4a isn't "new." It was inactive for a while. Skywing already tested (through disassembly, etc) what the ExtraWork MPQs do - they are responsible for sending Blizzard your system info if you elect to allow it.

Packet 0x4a is being sent to every client, btw, not just War3. I had to handle it for my bot (which does all it's hashing locally and thus has no War3 support). I normally log in via D2XP.
February 6, 2003, 7:10 PM
Yoni
[quote]This new packet is part of the new 1.05a patch, used to stop No-CD cracks.[/quote]
Umm? That's totally incorrect, where'd you get that?
February 6, 2003, 8:27 PM
haZe
heh, I read on a site ( www.pvpgn.org ) that they made a new patch and I figured the new MPQ/Packet was part of the patch.
February 6, 2003, 8:46 PM
tA-Kane
[quote]Packet 0x4a is being sent to every client.[/quote]
At what point is it being sent to the clients? I've never seen it on any of my logs, and my bot has never given me a message of "Unnsupported packet received! ID=4A" (and my bot doesn't yet support 0x4A, so if it encountered the packet, it would display that message and then save the packet data to a file).
February 7, 2003, 1:27 AM
SA-Theoden
I've never, ever dealt with this packet. Mainly because after I found out how to log on Starcraft, I was set :)

Logging on War3 to me is pointless, I design bots for my clan, however, D2XP does look quite appealing :)

Back to the 0x4A packet, pretend when your logging on, you have a checkbox to accept it and reply to it or not, just like in the patch. If you dont check it, you ignore it, if you do check it, you need to be prepared to send different information every time(Like that one guy said he got IP banned alot). Sending the same info multiple times in the same day leads to getting IP banned(part of the anti-bot security system in Battle.net).

Anyways, I may be exactly wrong, but from what my experience(by word of mouth) with this packet dictates is what I just said above.

-Theoden
February 7, 2003, 1:36 AM
tA-Kane
Or perhaps, you should just know how the 0x4A response is constructed, and conform to that knowledge?
February 7, 2003, 1:51 AM
Zakath
[quote]
At what point is it being sent to the clients? I've never seen it on any of my logs, and my bot has never given me a message of "Unnsupported packet received! ID=4A" (and my bot doesn't yet support 0x4A, so if it encountered the packet, it would display that message and then save the packet data to a file).[/quote]

Hmm...is this not being sent to Macs perhaps? I first noticed it because I hadn't been handling 0x4a, then I started getting "Unhandled packet received!" notifications every time I logged on. I quickly isolated and fixed the problem, but I'm suprised it hasn't happened to you...
February 7, 2003, 2:31 AM
tA-Kane
My bot uses IX86 for the product ID.
February 7, 2003, 4:34 AM
Skywing
[quote]I've never, ever dealt with this packet. Mainly because after I found out how to log on Starcraft, I was set :)

Logging on War3 to me is pointless, I design bots for my clan, however, D2XP does look quite appealing :)

Back to the 0x4A packet, pretend when your logging on, you have a checkbox to accept it and reply to it or not, just like in the patch. If you dont check it, you ignore it, if you do check it, you need to be prepared to send different information every time(Like that one guy said he got IP banned alot). Sending the same info multiple times in the same day leads to getting IP banned(part of the anti-bot security system in Battle.net).

Anyways, I may be exactly wrong, but from what my experience(by word of mouth) with this packet dictates is what I just said above.

-Theoden[/quote]
Are you certain that sending the same information causes a ban?  I think BC was getting banned because I didn't use the same response sequence as Diablo II (which doesn't appear to be in response to a particular message, rather by a timer of some sort).  In particular, if this was enforced then you'd get banned for switching games and connecting, since the way the game determines if it's already sent the system information is based on whether IX86ExtraWork.mpq is already bncache (which isn't shared between seperate game installations).
February 7, 2003, 2:06 PM

Search