Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Assembly Language (any cpu) | SoftICE display problem...

AuthorMessageTime
Paul
I just recently upgraded my video card from a GeForce3 Ti-200 to an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and now whenever I load SoftICE (4.05nt and Driver Suite 2.7) the SoftICE debugging screen will not display, but it's obvious it's loaded; system halts/pauses. Anyway, anyone else have a similar problem and know how to fix it? On another forum users suggested I give Driver Suite 3.0 a try but I can't seem to locate a copy easily. Do any of you have a copy I could grab?
April 13, 2004, 6:45 AM
iago
Which operating system?

There's an option in the softice setting to play with/test video card, did you try that?

Otherwise, I would recommend you get a newer version of softice, go on some filesharing and find "Softice 6 new!.rar" (it's ~37mb, iirc). I can send it to you tonight, if you want, but you ought to be able to find it on kazaa/overnet/etc.
April 13, 2004, 1:21 PM
Paul
Running Windows 2000 Pro. SP4.

Yeah, I've tried the test display option and other tweaks. If I can't locate a copy I'll take you up on your offer.
April 13, 2004, 7:15 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
I had problems when i upgraded my video card to the Radeon 9200. Go to http://ati.com and download the latest drivers.
April 16, 2004, 7:30 PM
iago
I sent "Paul" a newer version of SoftICE, I'd be interested to find out if that worked.
April 16, 2004, 11:42 PM
Paul
That version didn't help, but I downloaded DS 2.6 and it works.

Just for reference I tried 4.05nt, DS 2.7, 6 (Version iago sent) and lastly DS 2.6.
April 17, 2004, 6:15 AM

Search