Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | "New programs installed."

AuthorMessageTime
warz
On windows xp, the new programs installed tool tip window pops up, and the newly installed shortcut to the program in the start menu is a different shade of color. Some some shindigity reason, my computer thinks about 80% of the programs in my start menu are new. So they're all pretty much shaded differently, and that annoying "New programs installed." popups appears every time I click start.

Question: is there a way to mark every program as 'not new,' other than going through and clicking every one of them?
April 13, 2004, 1:52 AM
Tuberload
[quote author=warz link=board=2;threadid=6280;start=0#msg54882 date=1081821137]
On windows xp, the new programs installed tool tip window pops up, and the newly installed shortcut to the program in the start menu is a different shade of color. Some some shindigity reason, my computer thinks about 80% of the programs in my start menu are new. So they're all pretty much shaded differently, and that annoying "New programs installed." popups appears every time I click start.

Question: is there a way to mark every program as 'not new,' other than going through and clicking every one of them?
[/quote]

You can turn it off by right clicking and going into the properties.
April 13, 2004, 1:55 AM
KoRRuPT
[quote]You can turn it off by right clicking and going into the properties.[/quote]

Ummm, I don't think that option is available in the propteries menu of programs.
April 13, 2004, 2:53 AM
iago
[quote author=KoRRuPT link=board=2;threadid=6280;start=0#msg54888 date=1081824797]
[quote]You can turn it off by right clicking and going into the properties.[/quote]

Ummm, I don't think that option is available in the propteries menu of programs.
[/quote]

It is, right click on task bar, properties, go to start menu tab, click customize, click advanced, it's there.
April 13, 2004, 3:08 AM
warz
Oh, i must be blind. blind or lazy. one of the two.
April 13, 2004, 3:23 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=warz link=board=2;threadid=6280;start=0#msg54898 date=1081826611]
Oh, i must be blind. blind or lazy. one of the two.
[/quote]

Why only one? ;-P
April 13, 2004, 5:05 AM

Search