Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Inet Help

AuthorMessageTime
Networks
I just would like to know how to use Inet. I'd like to know everything about it or at least enough for me to able to log entries through an application: basically Just exporting to a html file to make tables telling who uses my bot, what channel, time, version etc.

Any sufficient help in making this capable for me would be much appreciated.
April 12, 2004, 10:52 PM
Grok
[quote author=Networks link=board=31;threadid=6278;start=0#msg54848 date=1081810322]
I just would like to know how to use Inet. I'd like to know everything about it or at least enough for me to able to log entries through an application: basically Just exporting to a html file to make tables telling who uses my bot, what channel, time, version etc.

Any sufficient help in making this capable for me would be much appreciated.
[/quote]

Fair question. From reading the above, I believe you have already in your possession a bot written in Visual Basic, and you would like to add a feature to it that logs output to a web page, ala Webbot. Is this correct?

If so, is the bot running on the web server, or are they different PCs? Your answer will affect the rest of the design.
April 13, 2004, 2:04 AM
Networks
No not a webbot, sorry you have misenterpeted but what I was looking to just to log users who use my bot. Outputting it to a Webpage basically stating: the username, home channel, & time for who is using the bot.

Simply want to see who actually uses it and other info but not as a backdoor of any sort.
April 13, 2004, 1:57 PM
Tuberload
[quote author=Networks link=board=31;threadid=6278;start=0#msg54938 date=1081864626]
No not a webbot, sorry you have misenterpeted but what I was looking to just to log users who use my bot. Outputting it to a Webpage basically stating: the username, home channel, & time for who is using the bot.

Simply want to see who actually uses it and other info but not as a backdoor of any sort.
[/quote]

Both can be done in pretty much the same manner. If I am not mistaken, Grok was asking you a question so that he could help you with your problem.
April 13, 2004, 3:07 PM
Grok
Probably a UDP transmit to your listening web server then. Run a service there to receive the logon packets and record to a disk file as a delimited line item, tabs would be easy. Then write a web page (ASP, Java, or (eww) PHP) to parse the text file when you want to view the data.
April 13, 2004, 6:01 PM
Networks
Is there anything really simple I could do using Inet? Could you help me or show me an example?
April 13, 2004, 6:26 PM
Grok
[quote author=Networks link=board=31;threadid=6278;start=0#msg54958 date=1081880790]
Is there anything really simple I could do using Inet? Could you help me or show me an example?
[/quote]

What do you mean "using Inet"? What is Inet in this context? The Internet?
April 13, 2004, 7:20 PM
Eli_1
[quote author=Grok link=board=31;threadid=6278;start=0#msg54965 date=1081884035]
[quote author=Networks link=board=31;threadid=6278;start=0#msg54958 date=1081880790]
[/quote]

What do you mean "using Inet"? What is Inet in this context? The Internet?
[/quote]

I think he means Microsoft's "Internet Transfer Control" (MSINET.OCX).
April 13, 2004, 7:31 PM
Networks
bingo!
April 13, 2004, 10:33 PM
CrAz3D
1)Create a php script that logs info to webpage/txt document on a webserver.
2)Execute the phpscript with Inet & send the info you want to log
April 14, 2004, 12:51 AM
Dyndrilliac
[code]Public Declare Function FtpFindFirstFile Lib "wininet.dll" Alias "FtpFindFirstFileA" _
(ByVal hFtpSession As Long, ByVal lpszSearchFile As String, _
lpFindFileData As WIN32_FIND_DATA, ByVal dwFlags As Long, ByVal dwContent As Long) As Long

Public Declare Function FtpGetFile Lib "wininet.dll" Alias "FtpGetFileA" _
(ByVal hFtpSession As Long, ByVal lpszRemoteFile As String, _
ByVal lpszNewFile As String, ByVal fFailIfExists As Boolean, ByVal dwFlagsAndAttributes As Long, _
ByVal dwFlags As Long, ByVal dwContext As Long) As Boolean

Public Declare Function FtpPutFile Lib "wininet.dll" Alias "FtpPutFileA" _
(ByVal hFtpSession As Long, ByVal lpszLocalFile As String, _
ByVal lpszRemoteFile As String, _
ByVal dwFlags As Long, ByVal dwContext As Long) As Boolean[/code]
April 14, 2004, 3:16 AM
Networks
I dont know PHP :(
April 14, 2004, 1:55 PM
synth
You could also use ASP. Now might be a good time to learn one of the two. It'll serve you well.
April 14, 2004, 2:17 PM
Networks
Is there no other way of exporting it to HTML using the msinet.ocx control?

Man I wanted an easy way to do it...Guess not

Maybe I'll just have to learn Php
April 14, 2004, 6:24 PM
Grok
[quote author=Networks link=board=31;threadid=6278;start=0#msg55092 date=1081967043]Maybe I'll just have to learn[/quote]

I removed all but the important parts of what you said.
April 14, 2004, 6:36 PM
Networks
lol...okie dokie then thats fair ;)
April 14, 2004, 10:08 PM
Networks
Is there any simple way to log anything with inet?
April 16, 2004, 1:55 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Networks link=board=31;threadid=6278;start=15#msg55416 date=1082123740]
[/quote]
[code]<?
$td = date("F jS");
$ip = $REMOTE_ADDR; // Set the variable as their ip address
$fh = fopen("iplog.htm",'a+'); // Open the text file and tell it to add
fputs($fh, "$ip : $td<br>"); // Add the ip address onto the next line
fclose($fh); // Close the text file

?>[/code]

That would log the IP of the user accessing that "page"
April 17, 2004, 9:13 PM
Eli_1
[quote author=Networks link=board=31;threadid=6278;start=15#msg55416 date=1082123740]
[/quote]
1.) This is the Visual Basic Programming forum.
2.) He want's to know if you can do it using Microsoft's Internet Transfer control, as stated more than once in the thread.
April 18, 2004, 9:55 PM
CrAz3D
I guess if ALL of my posts were read my last would make more sense.

[code](VB Project)
Inet1.Execute "http://WHAT EVER/log.php"
[/code]

[code](log.php)
<?
$td = date("F jS");
$ip = $REMOTE_ADDR; // Set the variable as their ip address
$fh = fopen("iplog.htm",'a+'); // Open the text file and tell it to add
fputs($fh, "$ip : $td<br>"); // Add the ip address onto the next line
fclose($fh); // Close the text file

?>[/code]
April 19, 2004, 3:47 AM
FuzZ
I didn't feel like reading all those posts.
I do this as well
http://www.bloodynub.com/botlists/showbots.php

I use a simple get method through PHP which is probably going to have to be changed due to the interpretation of "+" by PHP as a space.

But, It's pretty simple if you don't want a response to the bot
just inet.execute "UrL", "method"

Stealth or someone posted this or I wouldn't have been able to do it.

If you want my PHP Script I'd be glad to donate it, just don't make fun of my crappy PHP Coding :P

(Note: uses a MySQL database.)
April 22, 2004, 6:26 AM
Networks
I want anything like that but I dont really want it using a MySQL DB if its possible =\
April 22, 2004, 10:04 PM
FuzZ
Well, if you know any PHP you might be able to get the basic idea behind it, let me go zip it up and I'll edit the post with it.

Edit-> http://www.bloodynub.com/files/index.php?dir=bnet/bots/development/&file=botdisplay.zip

Contents: showbots.php, addbot.php, bots.css, include.php (For MySQL)
April 23, 2004, 10:27 PM
dodge
Grok: just asking.. don't like php? That sucks becuase thats what i use ??? lol
April 28, 2004, 8:32 PM

Search