Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

AuthorMessageTime
KoRRuPT
Just finished purchasing this and the single player missions are pretty interesting. But, my favorite parts are the deleted scenes, and the new modified condition zero maps. Very good game, highly recommended.

Rating: 8 / 10
April 7, 2004, 2:41 AM
j0k3r
How are the graphics/gameplay compared to the original? Is there a noticeable improvement?
April 7, 2004, 3:02 AM
KoRRuPT
The game play in the Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes, is much different from regular counter-strike game play. There is missions, and more stealth work, very cool. The Condition Zero part is oh kay, basically the missions consist of little objectives. But are very similar to normal counter-strike. Your mission objectives consist of:

- Kill 3 enemies and survive the round
- Kill 2 enemies with a sub-machine gun
- Save one hostage

Etc... you get the point. There is four levels of difficulty, easy, normal, medium and expert. For every level that you beat and complete all the mission objectives, you recieve a mission point. With these points you can buy team mates. There are 5 different levels of team mates, basically a level one team mate costs, one point and it goes up as the levels go up. Once you recieve level five team mates it makes the expert difficultly level much easier to complete.

As for the graphics, I can't really tell you much on that because I just got my new computer. And I really didnt play counter-strike before that, I'm really proud of my new video card. It's a ATI Radeaon 2800 XT, with a P4 3.0 Ghz and 1.0 Gigs of RAM.
April 7, 2004, 3:22 AM
j0k3r
2800XT?
April 8, 2004, 1:23 AM
KoRRuPT
Yes
April 8, 2004, 1:48 AM
synth
If you meant Radeon, there's no such thing as a 2800 XT. Maybe you misread something?
April 8, 2004, 12:38 PM
j0k3r
Haha, "This is radeon's new card, the radaeon 2800Xt, it's only $500!".

I tried to look for it as soon as I saw the post but google wouldn't work, so I put it off. Synth is right, there is no such thing as a radeaon 2800XT, the radeon 9800XT exists though.
April 8, 2004, 1:18 PM
KoRRuPT
Blah, yah Its 9800. I checked the box, oops here I'll take a picture of the box to show for my next post. I also did Run ... dxdiag and it shows me the info.
April 8, 2004, 2:26 PM
synth
Is the 9800XT overkill for a Counter-Strike game, or did they improve the graphics on CS:CZ from the Half-Life mod? Can you run all the eyecandy and still pump out nice FPS?

How realistic are the bots? I run PODBot on my LAN server at home and they like to see through walls. Is there ever any time where you would be killed by a bot and know that even the most practiced player couldn't have made that shot (that the kill was unrealistic)? I also hear that they learn from each map they play, which routes people go, etc.. How well do they gather information and adjust?
April 8, 2004, 3:17 PM
KoRRuPT
Yes, well.. the 9800 is said to the best card on the market. The FPS is insanly high for the settings.

The bots are still stupid, falling off roofs, down ladders. They can't hit each other worth shit, they still stare at each other before on decides to shoot. Well, sometimes they bots show a specific pattern, like in de_dust. They always go in the enclosed room first, then the next round is the underground tunnel. But, somtimes they split up and I guess you could say "catch on".
April 8, 2004, 6:12 PM
synth
[quote author=KoRRuPT link=board=3;threadid=6190;start=0#msg54062 date=1081447946]
The bots are still stupid, falling off roofs, down ladders.
[/quote]

Ha. Did they include cs_assault in the maps? I can only imagine...
April 8, 2004, 6:16 PM
KoRRuPT
Yes, well they way they did it was. They included old school maps, and then they added "New" maps like maps that are modified. Like Cs_Assault_CZ, it's really cool.
April 8, 2004, 6:20 PM
j0k3r
I believe CZ is based on a modified Quake II engine, so yes, the 9800 is over kill.

Currently, the 9600 can handle pretty much anything at good settings, however that will change within the next year, and you don't want to have to spend another $300 on another card next year.

Did they add new guns to CZ? New game styles (bomb, hostage, etc)? How about online?
April 8, 2004, 10:30 PM
KoRRuPT
Yah, the card is overkill I agree with that, it also hurt my pocket. But, I had a pretty good Processor so I just went for a good card. You don't really see many changes in the equipment or models, but there is changes in the "_CZ" levels. If you compare the de_dust of origional counter-strike and the de_dust_cz of condition zero. There are great changes, such as the levels are much brighter. The graphics and detail is much better. Personally, I've noticed that greatest change in the Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes. The game play is very cool, it's similar to Solider Of Fortune but with the counter-strike look and feel.

The online part of Condition Zero, is much better graphics wise and as I said before the changes in detail and brightness in the newer levels.
April 8, 2004, 11:34 PM

Search