Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | I need some help starting my chat client

AuthorMessageTime
gotcha_ass
Ok I am wanting to write a chat client for bnet, but I am confused w/ all the logon protocols, can somebody explain what still works and what I need to use. Also any docs about it. Is it binary logon that you use or what?
January 25, 2003, 1:18 AM
RhiNo
What lang? If its vb here is a lil to log on to with a chat bot.
[code]
Private Sub Connect_Click()
   Winsock1.Connect "useast.battle.net", "6112"
End Sub

Private Sub Winsock1_Connect()
   Winsock1.SendData Chr(3) & Chr(4) & frmOpt.txtUser.Text & vbCrLf & frmOpt.txtPass.Text & vbCrLf
End Sub
[/code]

All that will do is get you connected nuttin more nuttin less.
January 25, 2003, 7:02 PM
gotcha_ass
k, thanks for that lil bit, but what about sending the cdkey and stuff so it can get into the private channels.  If sum one can tell me what to send and the format to send it in, I can write the code, I jus need to know what to send.

1 more the thing, in the above code, what does the Chr(4) and Chr(3) mean??
January 25, 2003, 7:39 PM
RhiNo
o what i posted isnt for a binary log in thats just a chat bot that can only go to public chans
January 25, 2003, 7:53 PM
Noodlez
Chr(3) & Chr(4) is a carriage return, you could also use vbCrLf
January 25, 2003, 11:11 PM
Spht
[quote]Chr(3) & Chr(4) is a carriage return, you could also use vbCrLf[/quote]

0Dh and 0Ah is the equivalent of vbCrLf. For the chat protocol, the client sends ^C (03h) to specify the connection type and optionally sends ^D (04h) to disable ECHO.
January 25, 2003, 11:24 PM
gotcha_ass
ohh ok

yall have any info on the binary logon??
January 26, 2003, 12:22 AM
celluloid
theres tons of it floating around on this forum.

btw check out http://botdev.valhallalegends.com
it has some good docs to check out.
January 26, 2003, 4:40 AM
ILurker
Studying other bot sources often helps, just dont copy the sources completely  ;)
February 9, 2003, 4:11 PM
Crypticflare
It can help sometimes, but in some instances its hard, because each programmer has a certain way they like to code. I guess the best way to learn anything is grab a book and start a reading
February 9, 2003, 4:30 PM

Search