Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | OS (operating system) command

AuthorMessageTime
Bot Dev
Could anyone tell or give me a place to find .os command for Visual Basics?
January 4, 2003, 8:39 PM
erase
[code]
Private Sub FindMyOS()
   Dim MsgEnd As String
   Dim junk
   Dim osvi As OSVERSIONINFO
   osvi.dwOSVersionInfoSize = 148
   junk = GetVersionEx(osvi)

If junk <> 0 Then

Select Case osvi.dwPlatformId
           Case VER_PLATFORM_WIN32s '0
           MsgEnd = "Microsoft Win32s"
           Case VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_WINDOWS '1
           If ((osvi.dwMajorVersion > 4) Or _
           ((osvi.dwMajorVersion = 4) And (osvi.dwMinorVersion > 0))) Then
           MsgEnd = "Microsoft Windows 98"
       Else
           MsgEnd = "Microsoft Windows 95"
       End If
       Case VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT '2
       If osvi.dwMajorVersion <= 4 Then _
       MsgEnd = "Microsoft Windows NT"
       If osvi.dwMajorVersion = 5 Then _
       MsgEnd = "Microsoft Windows 2000"
   End Select
End If
(straight off pscode.com)
[/code]

Usage:

Call FindMyOS
January 4, 2003, 11:08 PM
ILurker
hit ctrl+t in your vb6 program, and find the "sysinfo" ocx, and double click on it on the toolbar, with your main form, If you are using bnls, then do the following,

[code]
Private sub cleanslatebot_usertalk(whatever goes here, easy for you to find out)
if message = "?os" then cleanslatebot1.send " Os: " & sysinfo1.name & " Build: " & sysinfo1.build
[/code]
And there you go, very easy way to do thge ?os command, unless you want to add other things for when a user talks,
February 9, 2003, 4:22 PM
Noodlez
ocxs are ew, what erase posted is better
February 9, 2003, 4:25 PM
ILurker
Ocx's are allot easier, and it would be a more efficiant way for the sysinfo command for people that are new with vb6
February 9, 2003, 4:37 PM
Yoni
Yes, and you will enjoy licensing and registering annoyances with the sysinfo OCX too.

(Tons of pointless tech support calls had this been a "real" project.)
February 9, 2003, 4:59 PM
ILurker
You spelt "Listening" wrong.  :o
February 9, 2003, 5:02 PM
Noodlez
um? he didn't even say listening, he said licensing. but, you wouldn't know what that is.

btw, using ocx's is not "more effecient" for one thing, your application now wont run unless they have that ocx, another, it has to be licensed. then vb has to load it into the process memory and waste your precious resources.
February 9, 2003, 5:33 PM
ILurker
Oops, :) wasnt reading it very well
February 9, 2003, 7:30 PM
St0rm.iD
owned.
February 9, 2003, 8:13 PM
ILurker
That code is kind of messed up, you can't
dim something as OSVERSIONINFO
February 9, 2003, 8:21 PM
Noodlez
yes you can, assuming you have the type declared.

ilurker, i honestly dont think you should be making a bot with the limited knowledge you have of visual basic. dont take that offensively

erase, maybe you should provide the constants and the type OSVERSIONINFO

anyway, this is better way
[code]
Private Function FindMyOS()  As string
   Dim MsgEnd As String
   Dim junk
   Dim osvi As OSVERSIONINFO
   osvi.dwOSVersionInfoSize = 148
   junk = GetVersionEx(osvi)

If junk <> 0 Then

Select Case osvi.dwPlatformId
           Case VER_PLATFORM_WIN32s '0
           MsgEnd = "Microsoft Win32s"
           Case VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_WINDOWS '1
           If ((osvi.dwMajorVersion > 4) Or _
           ((osvi.dwMajorVersion = 4) And (osvi.dwMinorVersion > 0))) Then
           MsgEnd = "Microsoft Windows 98"
       Else
           MsgEnd = "Microsoft Windows 95"
       End If
       Case VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT '2
       If osvi.dwMajorVersion <= 4 Then _
       MsgEnd = "Microsoft Windows NT"
       If osvi.dwMajorVersion = 5 Then _
       MsgEnd = "Microsoft Windows 2000"
   End Select
FindMyOs = MsgEnd
End If
[/code]

Usage:

msgbox FindMyOS

your wouldnt return a value or anything...
February 9, 2003, 8:32 PM
ILurker
- Making something hard is a good way to start off in visual basic 6, so how about you stop rating other people about their skills, and help people, if you dont want to help then leave
February 9, 2003, 9:16 PM
Noodlez
[quote] - Making something hard is a good way to start off in visual basic 6, so how about you stop rating other people about their skills, and help people, if you dont want to help then leave[/quote]
lol...not if you dont understand half of what your doing.

and wtf is it with you and preceding your sentences with a dash?
February 9, 2003, 9:38 PM
ILurker
[quote]
lol...not if you dont understand half of what your doing.

and wtf is it with you and preceding your sentences with a dash?[/quote]

Bad habit to break  :-/
And i do know what im doing, and i can make a bot easily, im just trying to make harder stuff on it, like for example, minimizing to tray, now i know how to do that because i got it from someone else.
February 9, 2003, 11:36 PM
Noodlez
making a binary connection is *tons* harder then minimizing to tray
February 9, 2003, 11:41 PM
ILurker
I know how to do a binary connection moron, just end this subject, and shut up, since your being an idiot and trying to prove me newb.
February 9, 2003, 11:44 PM
ILurker
If your not going to help, then don't post.
February 9, 2003, 11:45 PM
Noodlez
i dont need to prove anything, everyone of your posts makes it clear your an idiot

also, you have *no* idea how to make a binary connection, you know how to put cleanslatebot on your form and tell it to connect.
February 10, 2003, 12:09 AM
ILurker
And there was no need to post that, your not helping...
so go fucking screw your cat or something, instead of sitting in the forums, calling people idiots because they dont know that much in visual basic 6
February 10, 2003, 12:33 AM
ILurker
And what the fuck do you tihkn im doing right now, Working on a bot that connects with winsock.ocs, so fuck off newb
February 10, 2003, 12:36 AM
ILurker
Re: Learning VB
« Reply #13 on: Today at 10:11am » Quote Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on Feb 5th, 2003, 10:17am, tA-Kane wrote:You see, I have no problem helping people with Battle.net. I do, however, have a problem with helping them learn basic programming techniques.  

Why?  Learning is learning.

My point is that if someone does have these problems with answering certain questions then they should not answer.  The world is full of lots of different people, many different rates of learning, and barriers to learning.  Someone could be both new to programming and speaking their 3rd or 4th language as English.  So their questions may appear stupid to you.  Flaming is only self-serving when applied to education.
February 10, 2003, 12:41 AM
Noodlez
[quote]And what the fuck do you tihkn im doing right now, Working on a bot that connects with winsock.ocs, so fuck off newb[/quote]
im a newbie, and you called it winsock.ocs

"WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE IRONY" - homer
February 10, 2003, 1:54 AM
KBL_BlackIce
Hey, if you dont like what the admins do, then YOU leave.  You must think you are the center of the universe or something, ordering admins and regulars to shut up and shit.  It is obvious that you dont know jack shit about VB6, and as people said, helping someone with SYNTAX is now fun. This is not a fucking school, or a VB6 tutorial board, it is a BNet BOT board. You get help with BOT coding, like hashing algorithms, the protocol and login sequences, etc.

You say you are learning how to use WINSOCK.OCS when it is WINSOCK.OCX. How about you go get a book on VB6, read, and learn how to do a calculator or something first.

Finally, as for you "now knowing how to minimize to tray" because you "got it from someone else"...  wow... how about READING THE API programming reference? Or doing a search on GOOGLE for "MINIMIZE TO TRAY VB6"?  

Stealing other peoples code is not good.  Some people learn from SOME code, but people like you dont learn, you cheat.  You steal.  You lie.

You can code a Binary bot in VB6 eh? If you are so "elite" (and I am NOT saying that I am), tell us then, how do you determine whether you are logging in as BINARY or CHAT?  Whats the difference?  It is minor and easy, so you should be able to tell us without pause.
February 10, 2003, 4:27 AM
Spht
ILurker, quit being so immature or you'll be banned.
February 10, 2003, 11:25 AM

Search