Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | **Seeing Users In The Void**

AuthorMessageTime
HiVe
I noticed that some bots can see the users that are in The Void. I was wondering if someone has an idea of how to do this. I'm using CupHead's CleanSlateBot OCX and I am pretty sure that this can be done because Stealthbot (which uses CleanSlateBot), can see the users in The Void. If someone can help me I'd very much appreciate it.  ;D
February 8, 2003, 11:58 AM
Atom
Ill give you a hint, when you unignore somebody, you get the flags of everyone in the channel...
February 8, 2003, 12:58 PM
haZe
[code]CleanSlateBot1.Send "/unignore " & GetStuff("Main", "User") [/code]
if u have a getstuff function and ur config looks like that, that should work.
February 8, 2003, 1:12 PM
Noodlez
thats horrible, haze. proper way would be to store your bnet name (when its sent you in 0xA) in a variable.
February 8, 2003, 1:17 PM
haZe
Yes, I know.  ;D I suck with programming.
Whatever floats your boat, though. :P
February 8, 2003, 1:22 PM
Atom
yeah hes kind write, using getstuff means the program has to access your hard drive, find the file, open it, find the name, load it into memory, and then its used by the bot.

If you load the name into a variable at when you recieve it then it should run a good Millisecond faster. (Not to mention that the ini could have changed since the bot logged in, and someone might be on your name and you would havea  #2 after your name)
February 8, 2003, 1:35 PM
MesiaH
Does the Flags event on cleanslate bot give you ALL fields? Name, Ping, Flags, Statstring? if it does, then you can do the void thing.
February 8, 2003, 2:07 PM
ILurker
Im guessing that when you unignore someone, you get a "FlagsUpsate" event, which you could use, to add all of the users in the channel to the channel list.

.. Is this correct?  :)
February 8, 2003, 11:40 PM
Noodlez
why dont you try it and find out
February 9, 2003, 1:47 AM
ILurker
I'm Lazy  ;D
February 9, 2003, 2:15 AM
Etheran
[quote][code]CleanSlateBot1.Send "/unignore " & GetStuff("Main", "User") [/code]
if u have a getstuff function and ur config looks like that, that should work.
[/quote]
GetStuff!!!!! hahahahaahahaha....

My brother was showing me the API functions to read from an INI and he made this sample program for me and called his function GetStuff to read the INI.  I copied his functions in a module and used them for my bots.. I didn't think they'd make it this far!!  I gotta go tell him :).
February 9, 2003, 2:59 AM
haZe
...? Are you assuming that I'm using your GetStuff function?
Incorrect. I got mine off of a VB helper site.
February 9, 2003, 12:46 PM
Noodlez
[quote]I'm Lazy  ;D[/quote]
you mean you dont know how?
February 9, 2003, 2:05 PM
ILurker
yeah i do know how but im too lazy to do it,  ;)
February 9, 2003, 2:24 PM
Noodlez
if you say so
February 9, 2003, 2:30 PM
Spht
Look, it's a Battle.net representative!
You might as well use this avatar: http://www.battle.net/images-new/portraits/bnet.gif
February 9, 2003, 3:03 PM
Noodlez
consider it used
February 9, 2003, 4:11 PM
ILurker
HiVe's question still hasent been answered...
February 10, 2003, 12:45 AM
Noodlez
yes it has, source code just hasn't been given to him.
February 10, 2003, 1:53 AM
JaMi
Or actually you could try looking through older sections of the forum... half the "new" topics i see are ones that have allready been answered at a earlier date if youd look back a couple pages
February 10, 2003, 3:06 AM
dRAgoN
[quote]Look, it's a Battle.net representative!
You might as well use this avatar: http://www.battle.net/images-new/portraits/bnet.gif[/quote]

I like mine better ^^
February 10, 2003, 4:30 AM
Eternal
Fair point, people just don't see the other page numbers at the bottom, anything past page one is lost to some!

<hint, try seach button>
February 10, 2003, 5:53 PM

Search