Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | vL server specs?

AuthorMessageTime
Fr0z3N
Just woundering what they are and what OS and what INET speed.
March 31, 2004, 12:33 AM
Thing
First you must clarify which server.
The forum server will be replaced sometime next week with this byte crushing, monster of a machine.
March 31, 2004, 1:09 AM
Archonist
[quote author=Thing link=board=2;threadid=6082;start=0#msg52768 date=1080695376]
First you must clarify which server.
The forum server will be replaced sometime next week with this byte crushing, monster of a machine.
[/quote]

rofl... 99.9% Downtime!!
March 31, 2004, 1:34 AM
Fr0z3N
I don't know how many servers there are so, how about all of them?
March 31, 2004, 4:21 AM
Raven
Just as a note about that, did anyone else notice how initially, it's stated to have 640 MB or RAM?! I found that kind of interesting how it would have more than 30x more RAM than it did HD space? Only in the paragraph did they say the RAM was in kb, and hence it was a misprint. Still kind of funny. ;)

P.S.: Only 99.9% downtime? If Thing could manage to get that thing to even host the forums for .1% of the time, I think he'd already deserve an Op of the Year award. ;)

P.P.S.: Also, there's no way that thing has a 286 MHz processor. But that doesn't look a joke auction. Some misrepresentation going on there heh, hopefully the person who bought didn't think it was that fast. :)
March 31, 2004, 5:06 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Raven link=board=2;threadid=6082;start=0#msg52800 date=1080709607]
Just as a note about that, did anyone else notice how initially, it's stated to have 640 MB or RAM?! I found that kind of interesting how it would have more than 30x more RAM than it did HD space? Only in the paragraph did they say the RAM was in kb, and hence it was a misprint. Still kind of funny. ;)

P.S.: Only 99.9% downtime? If Thing could manage to get that thing to even host the forums for .1% of the time, I think he'd already deserve an Op of the Year award. ;)

P.P.S.: Also, there's no way that thing has a 286 MHz processor. But that doesn't look a joke auction. Some misrepresentation going on there heh, hopefully the person who bought didn't think it was that fast. :)
[/quote]

I doubt it. It was bought for US $10.
March 31, 2004, 5:32 AM
Adron
[quote author=Raven link=board=2;threadid=6082;start=0#msg52800 date=1080709607]

[/quote]

It's probably e-bay's moronic computer selling system, asking about the speed of the processor to which you'll respond "286" (since it's an 80286 cpu) and the amount of RAM to which you'll respond "640" (since it has 640 kb ram). The units for the measurements look like they were added by e-bay.
March 31, 2004, 9:35 AM
j0k3r
Adron is right, that portion is always filled in by ebay with it's defaults if you choose to list that way.
March 31, 2004, 12:18 PM

Search