Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | VL RESPOND

AuthorMessageTime
Denial
Well? it seems none of you "vlers" are responding do you guys just ignore this or are you calling each other all night wondering whats going on? well? Talking on your private little section for members only well?

Life sucks get over it Well? Skywing Grok Adron? Any of you leaders want to respond or are we going to pretend nothing happened
March 29, 2004, 7:18 AM
Maddox
Wow, 6200 views already. :P

March 29, 2004, 7:59 AM
LoRd
[quote author=Denial link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=0#msg52388 date=1080544713]
Well? it seems none of you "vlers" are responding do you guys just ignore this or are you calling each other all night wondering whats going on? well? Talking on your private little section for members only well?

Life sucks get over it Well? Skywing Grok Adron? Any of you leaders want to respond or are we going to pretend nothing happened
[/quote]
They, like everyone else, don't care about you or what you claim to possess.

Assuming you actually do possess BNLS's source:

What are you expecting? Fame? Fortune? Keys? Passwords? [vL] crying and begging you not to release it?
You're not going to get any of those things.

You claim to have given the source to Feanor who is to put it in EASN.
Who is going to use a server not nearly half as good as [vL]'s and has the known reputation of logging user information over BNLS?

You expect to compile and release a new BnetAuth DLL with the Warcraft III hashing functions in it and possibly sell it for money.
Not only can you get sued by both Blizzard and [vL] for this, but once one user gets his hands on the DLL, the user will then pass the DLL around to their friends, and the friends will release it to their friends and so on. Within a month of the release of the DLL, half of the people using it will not know you had ever even seen the DLL.
March 29, 2004, 8:46 AM
Newby
10000 views. Damn.
March 29, 2004, 2:07 PM
Denial
Atleast it will be public though or should we do something like you and backdoor all the stuff that is created
March 29, 2004, 4:01 PM
Raven
If you "have" it, why don't you go ahead and release it?
March 29, 2004, 6:56 PM
LoRd
[quote]or should we do something like you and backdoor all the stuff that is created[/quote]
If the majority of the Battle.net population was filled with people like you, passing around a few backdoors wouldn't be such a bad thing.
March 29, 2004, 7:07 PM
Denial
[quote author=LoRd[nK] link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=0#msg52443 date=1080587234]
If the majority of the Battle.net population was filled with people like you, passing around a few backdoors wouldn't be such a bad thing.
[/quote]

If you even tried passing around a few backdoors it wouldnt be to hard to find them [quote][/quote]
March 29, 2004, 8:09 PM
iago
Back to the original topic, last I heard somebody was talking to a laywer about the situation. Hopefully it'll get resolved without too much loss to anybody.
March 29, 2004, 9:20 PM
o.OV
[quote author=LoRd[nK] link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=0#msg52397 date=1080549981]
You expect to compile and release a new BnetAuth DLL with the Warcraft III hashing functions in it and possibly sell it for money.
[/quote]

I believe Denial was threatening to sell the source not the DLL.
Feanor was the one who announced that there will be a DLL with wc3 hashing functions in the near future.

[quote]
What are you expecting? Fame? Fortune? Keys? Passwords? [vL] crying and begging you not to release it?
You're not going to get any of those things.
[/quote]

The way I see it..
He has already gotten his fame for accidentally stumbling across the security hole and acquiring the BNLS source along with other project sources.
No point in denying that.

Though it would have been much nicer if he didn't threaten to sell the source on EBAY..
If he is really serious about that and I had a say in vL matters.. I would make the release public and free of charge so he wouldn't gain a god damn cent ;)
March 29, 2004, 10:09 PM
Denial
"excuse me judge i like to sue a kid who goes by the name of denial on battle.net"

reminds me of the time cele tried to sue me

March 29, 2004, 10:09 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Denial link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=0#msg52470 date=1080598186]
"excuse me judge i like to sue a kid who goes by the name of denial on battle.net"

reminds me of the time cele tried to sue me

[/quote]

For clarification, a subpoena can most certainly track you down.
March 29, 2004, 10:15 PM
o.OV
[quote author=iago link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=0#msg52466 date=1080595229]
Back to the original topic, last I heard somebody was talking to a laywer about the situation. Hopefully it'll get resolved without too much loss to anybody.
[/quote]

Calling in the lawyers? What is there to gain..
Investing time and money? Just to make him suffer perhaps??
Not worth it.
Lawyers certainly can't stop the release of the DLL/source/BNLS ripoff.
March 29, 2004, 10:18 PM
Denial
1. how can they when they first need proof 2nd i never use my ip on these forums i use anonomous proxies

2. In a case they have to prove it

3. Trying to match up ip's they would need proof it was me and not some idiot trying to say it was me.
March 29, 2004, 10:18 PM
Kp
[quote author=LoRd[nK] link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=0#msg52397 date=1080549981]once one user gets his hands on the DLL, the user will then pass the DLL around to their friends, and the friends will release it to their friends and so on. Within a month of the release of the DLL, half of the people using it will not know you had ever even seen the DLL.[/quote]

Actually, there're ways to make it difficult to pass around a DLL that are fairly effective. It wouldn't hold up against serious hackers, but then, a serious hacker would just derive the algorithms directly from War3. :) For an example, consider BinaryChat -- it's been in moderate distribution to Skywing's friends for months(years?), and afaik there has never been a successful leak.
March 29, 2004, 10:30 PM
LoRd
[quote]The way I see it..
He has already gotten his fame for accidentally stumbling across the security hole and acquiring the BNLS source along with other project sources.
No point in denying that.[/quote]
As time goes on, the people involved in this discussion will slowly forget and the future bot programmers that had never heard this discussion will never know.
Take for example BnetAuth.dll. If you were to poll all of the users who use BnetAuth, over half of them would not know who had contributed any of the information within it.

[quote author=Kp link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=0#msg52488 date=1080599451]
[quote author=LoRd[nK] link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=0#msg52397 date=1080549981]once one user gets his hands on the DLL, the user will then pass the DLL around to their friends, and the friends will release it to their friends and so on. Within a month of the release of the DLL, half of the people using it will not know you had ever even seen the DLL.[/quote]

Actually, there're ways to make it difficult to pass around a DLL that are fairly effective. It wouldn't hold up against serious hackers, but then, a serious hacker would just derive the algorithms directly from War3. :) For an example, consider BinaryChat -- it's been in moderate distribution to Skywing's friends for months(years?), and afaik there has never been a successful leak.
[/quote]

Yes, but so far (according to Denial) the source is only in the hands of people who know little if any C++. I doubt they'll be able to make a secure DLL that still could be easily used in the bots of the people they sell it to.
March 29, 2004, 10:38 PM
Denial
Your saying eurijk knows only a little c++?
March 29, 2004, 10:48 PM
Denial
[quote author=Raven link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=0#msg52439 date=1080586613]
If you "have" it, why don't you go ahead and release it?
[/quote]

Ok Raven you asked for it

http://www.fallenarms.com/newlogon.htm
March 29, 2004, 10:49 PM
Archonist
[quote author=Denial link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=0#msg52476 date=1080598739]
1. how can they when they first need proof 2nd i never use my ip on these forums i use anonomous proxies

3. Trying to match up ip's they would need proof it was me and not some idiot trying to say it was me.

[/quote]

Your doing that for them..
March 29, 2004, 10:58 PM
LoRd
[quote]1. how can they when they first need proof 2nd i never use my ip on these forums i use anonomous proxies[/quote]If law was ever to get into this, the proxy server in question (providing it's in the U.S.) would have to release all information pertaining to the case.

Denial, I hope you know with every piece of information you release, you lose what little power you have while at the same time giving [vL] even more legal power over you.
March 29, 2004, 11:01 PM
Denial
Fuck vl all they are are little nerds i doubt they would want to be public all their doing is trying to make me afraid but it isnt going to work let them stay in their dark basements on their computers typing away to each other

SPAM SPAM SPAM

March 29, 2004, 11:08 PM
Archonist
[quote author=Denial link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=15#msg52501 date=1080601697]
Fuck vl all they are are little nerds i doubt they would want to be public all their doing is trying to make me afraid but it isnt going to work let them stay in their dark basements on their computers typing away to each other

SPAM SPAM SPAM

[/quote]

Your so immature..
March 29, 2004, 11:25 PM
Denial
Talk about yourself if your who i think you are you
March 29, 2004, 11:35 PM
Newby
[quote author=Denial link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=15#msg52501 date=1080601697]

SPAM SPAM SPAM

[/quote]
They're the 'nerds' that wrote the coding you don't understand. And think you are badass for having.
March 30, 2004, 12:42 AM
DrivE
[quote author=Newby link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=15#msg52531 date=1080607344]
They're the 'nerds' that wrote the coding you don't understand. And think you are badass for having.
[/quote]

You've uh got a little brown something on your nose there...
March 30, 2004, 2:03 AM
Newby
[quote author=Hazard link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=15#msg52561 date=1080612184]
[quote author=Newby link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=15#msg52531 date=1080607344]
[/quote]

You've uh got a little brown something on your nose there...
[/quote]
Yeah, sorry about that. My friend at school decided to throw a marker at my face.

I was just explaining to him the facts. He thinks he is badass for having something somebody else wrote.
March 30, 2004, 2:12 AM
DrivE
Its not just here Newby... its in almost all of the threads. Kissing ass doesn't get you as far as you might think.
March 30, 2004, 2:18 AM
Newby
[quote author=Hazard link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=15#msg52567 date=1080613125]
Its not just here Newby... its in almost all of the threads. Kissing ass doesn't get you as far as you might think.
[/quote]
I don't ever remember thinking to myself if I suck up I will be liked.

I only stated the facts in this thread and some others.

Maybe the "good people of vL" statement seemed like sucking up, as far as I know I wasn't attempting to.
March 30, 2004, 2:20 AM
Eibro
[quote author=Hazard link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=15#msg52567 date=1080613125]
[/quote]What is your problem? You seem to conflict with everyone on here.

As for Denial; I honestly find it hard to believe this is happening, even with all the proof. It blows my mind how you could react to this situation in such a way.
March 30, 2004, 3:39 AM
Raven
[quote author=Eibro link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=15#msg52588 date=1080617985]
[/quote]What is your problem? You seem to conflict with everyone on here.

As for Denial; I honestly find it hard to believe this is happening, even with all the proof. It blows my mind how you could react to this situation in such a way.
[/quote]

Maybe it's because he's full of sheit?
March 30, 2004, 4:41 AM
MrRaza
He should of kept the whole thing quiet, released a .dll with the War3 hashing algorithms and he would of gotten praise. Ashame what kid's do with power.
March 30, 2004, 4:49 AM
Saint
Denial, Release the source, but you know what? NO ONE CARES, do you not understand that? I highly doubt [vL] will do anything about it, you know why? CAUSE ITS BATTLE.NET ITS A GAMING SERVER, not for little pricks like yourself to get "famous" on, do you really think people care about sh!t they programmed for a gaming server that they host for FREE, Maybe if they were making money off of it they might actually give two sh!ts about it, but its hosted for FREE.
March 30, 2004, 7:51 AM
MrRaza
Periods (.) are a good thing.
March 30, 2004, 8:10 AM
Adron
[quote author=Saint link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=30#msg52615 date=1080633103]
Maybe if they were making money off of it they might actually give two sh!ts about it, but its hosted for FREE.
[/quote]

But what about all the free accounts and cd keys we get? Now people are going to send them to someone else and we can't steal their War3 keys anymore. That's very bad.
March 30, 2004, 9:43 AM
Eternal
Integrity is everything. Given the choice of BNLS or STOLENLS I know which I would choose for my keys/accounts...
March 30, 2004, 2:41 PM
Puzzle
[quote author=Archonist link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=15#msg52509 date=1080602726]

SPAM SPAM SPAM

[/quote]

Your so immature..
[/quote]
Maturity is overrated.
March 30, 2004, 3:09 PM
tA-Kane
[quote]flame flame bitch flame denial flame flame bnls flame yawn flame flame prick flame flame steal flame flame flame immature flame flame flame[/quote]

Can't we all just... get along?

If it were me, I'd be more pissed over all the hype that Denial's putting into his actions ("bitch bitch flame flame vl sucks flame flame bitch bitch").

Though I don't know Denial personally, I've been told that he apparently has a number of "friends in high places", and has the ability to do things a normal Battle.net user could not because of such.

But no matter how many friends he has, where they are, or what he's able to do, nothing could be more uncool than what Denial did in conjunction with how he's treating it, except perhaps releasing to the public things which he shouldn't have in the first place.

If this was a company that he did this to, and it hurts their sales, Denial would be in very big legal trouble, would he not?
March 30, 2004, 4:14 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=tA-Kane link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=30#msg52643 date=1080663286]
[quote]flame flame bitch flame denial flame flame bnls flame yawn flame flame prick flame flame steal flame flame flame immature flame flame flame[/quote]

If it were me, I'd be more pissed over all the hype that Denial's putting into his actions ("bitch bitch flame flame vl sucks flame flame bitch bitch").

Though I don't know Denial personally, I've been told that he apparently has a number of "friends in high places", and has the ability to do things a normal Battle.net user could not because of such.

But no matter how many friends he has, where they are, or what he's able to do, nothing could be more uncool than what Denial did in conjunction with how he's treating it, except perhaps releasing to the public things which he shouldn't have in the first place.

If this was a company that he did this to, and it hurts their sales, Denial would be in very big legal trouble, would he not?
[/quote]

Amazingly, throughout this, the Mac man has been the voice of reason. How, I don't know. ;)
March 30, 2004, 5:41 PM
iago
Maybe Mac is some kind of a happy drug?
March 30, 2004, 5:59 PM
Denial
[quote author=tA-Kane link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=30#msg52643 date=1080663286]

[/quote]

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

<Edit> SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
March 30, 2004, 6:03 PM
Bob
Denial... [quote]
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

<Edit> SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM [/quote] look at yourself...Stop acting gay :/...Even us half black folk don't act this gay..
March 30, 2004, 7:40 PM
Eternal
[quote author=iago link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=30#msg52665 date=1080669541]

[/quote]

We just have less stress when it comes to computer problems...
March 30, 2004, 7:45 PM
LoRd
[quote author=Eternal link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=30#msg52687 date=1080675922]
[quote author=iago link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=30#msg52665 date=1080669541]

[/quote]

We just have less stress when it comes to computer problems...
[/quote]
Obviously since Mac's don't support much of anything of use to cause the problems in the first place.
March 30, 2004, 8:08 PM
Eternal
*scowls at Lord, then hugs his G4 laptop...
March 30, 2004, 8:11 PM
Bob
I doub't denial has any of the shit he says he has. Someone probably gave him a screenshot of all of that stuff, Denial doesn't know how to program. There was an earlier post about Denial's "precious gamerbot", he didn't even write the source to that, someone gave it to him...Even if denial does have this shit, I doubt he would ever know what to do with it.
March 30, 2004, 8:49 PM
iago
[quote author=Bob link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=30#msg52700 date=1080679740]
I doub't denial has any of the shit he says he has. Someone probably gave him a screenshot of all of that stuff, Denial doesn't know how to program. There was an earlier post about Denial's "precious gamerbot", he didn't even write the source to that, someone gave it to him...Even if denial does have this shit, I doubt he would ever know what to do with it.
[/quote]

How could anybody have a screenshot to a private project?
March 30, 2004, 9:08 PM
DaRk-FeAnOr
Skywing could.
March 30, 2004, 9:50 PM
Bob
That didn't even cross my mind Iago. Feanor thinking about it from Iago's point of view, I doub't skywing would give out a screen shot of a prive project. The fact still reminds that Denial can't program worth shit and doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. What does it matter anyways?
[newb]Wow! I'm denial! I steal people's code and try to get attention because I think I'm cool![/newb]
March 30, 2004, 10:25 PM
Denial
Let the record state Bob = Ex Member of my clan who was in my clan for a while

Bob give it up your insults are meaningless
March 30, 2004, 10:28 PM
j0k3r
Actually, I found it funny :-[
March 30, 2004, 10:47 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Denial link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=45#msg52713 date=1080685711]
Bob = Ex Member of my clan who was in my clan for a while
[/quote]

Vs. an ex-member of his clan who was never in his clan.
March 30, 2004, 10:49 PM
Bob
Wow! Keyword: EX Making the mistake of joining Fa has no reflection on my opinion of your constant acts of attention seeking stupidity.

Can someone please close this topic, it seems that it has gone off topic though it really was never of any importance in the first place.
March 31, 2004, 3:12 AM
ChR0NiC
You are not an admin, stop complaining. Just don't reply to it if you don't like it.
March 31, 2004, 3:37 AM
Mephisto
Shut up...
March 31, 2004, 3:43 AM
Bob
Wow Chronic...Eureka! Intelligence fails to strike again! Obviously, I'm not an admin, wouldn't that be the reason I was asking the topic be closed?
March 31, 2004, 4:44 AM
DaRk-FeAnOr
Bob, you are a moron.
March 31, 2004, 12:28 PM
Bob
lol..? Wow...Good one...
March 31, 2004, 7:31 PM
DrivE
Feanor calling anyone stupid is pretty funny in and of itself.
March 31, 2004, 9:01 PM
warz
[quote]
Hey, warz, you have 13 messages, 9 are new.
March 31, 2004, 03:28 pm[/quote]
March 31, 2004, 9:29 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=warz link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=45#msg52890 date=1080768560]
[quote]
[/quote]

Your point being?
March 31, 2004, 9:48 PM
DenialOwnzYou
WHO CARES I HATE YOU ! GRRR UNBAN DENIAL
April 1, 2004, 2:30 AM
UserLoser.
As a wise man once said, "You'll get over it."
April 1, 2004, 2:47 AM
DenialOwnzYou
a wise man once said he who posted above me speaks Fag
April 1, 2004, 2:55 AM
Newby
[quote author=DenialOwnzYou link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=60#msg52965 date=1080788137]
a wise man once said he who posted above me speaks Fag
[/quote]
April 1, 2004, 2:56 AM
UserLoser.
So cry about it
April 1, 2004, 2:56 AM
warz
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=45#msg52892 date=1080769683]
[quote author=warz link=board=2;threadid=6053;start=45#msg52890 date=1080768560]
[quote]
[/quote]

Your point being?
[/quote]

I was just seeing if by posting something random, and stupid, would make every realize that this thread is random, and stupid.
April 1, 2004, 4:14 AM

Search