Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Need help with Idle Source Code >;/

AuthorMessageTime
WinSocks
I got the code for the idle but it always says about the "mode" to be selected and the idle won't work does anyone know what i can do to fix it or to recommend some better code to use for a idle in Visual Basic 6.0  ;D

[code]
       Case "idle"
           If UBound(pA) = 3 Then
               If LCase(pA(3)) = "start" Then
                   If frmMain.tmrBroadcast.Interval <> 0 Then
                       Send "Idle has been stopped by " & strAccount & " and starting the new one.", True
                   Else
                       Send "New idle configured by " & strAccount & ".", True
                   End If
                   frmMain.tmrBroadcast.Interval = 0
                   frmMain.tmrBroadcast.Interval = 1000
                   frmMain.tmrBroadcast.Tag = pA(3) & Chr(&H0) & pA(1)

End If
               If LCase(pA(2)) = "idle has stopped" Then
                   frmMain.tmrBroadcast.Interval = 0
               End If
           Else
               Send "Must have a Idle Time and Message", True
           End If
[/code]
January 1, 2003, 6:10 AM
Moonshine
Yes, I can recommend some better source to use: Make your own, or perhaps you shouldn't be trying to make a bot if you cannot make an idle function.
January 1, 2003, 6:43 AM
WinSocks
Moonshine i'm trying to learn how to make a bot, I usually don't write chat/bot programs. If you are willing to help me then do so, if not, then don't waste forum space.  ;)
January 1, 2003, 7:06 AM
Atom
Some people just are stuck up, if you cant help the person asking the question then SHHHHH!!!

Ok here is a good way to make a good anti idle.

On your main form, make a timer and set its interval to 1000. (= 1 sec)

Declare a public variable in a Module like this
[code]Public IdleTick as Integer
Public IdleInterval as Integer
Public IdleMessage as String[/code]
Ok for inside of the timer...
[code]Private Sub AntiIdle_Timer()
'notice this timers interval is 1000, that is for 1 second
IdleTick = IdleTick + 1 'this is a public variable, it adds a
'second to the variable each time the timer executes
If IdleTick >= IdleInterval Then 'if x time has gone by then...
SendChat IdleMessage & " [Vapor Bot]" 'send the idle message
IdleTick = 0 'reset the variable to start over
End If
End Sub[/code]

also for whoever has the Yabb admin account for this forum, you should edit the template and make the font size a little bigger for the [ code][ /code] stuffness.
January 1, 2003, 8:04 PM
WinSocks
thank you very much atom ;)
January 3, 2003, 2:40 AM
tA-Kane
[quote]whoever has the Yabb admin account for this forum, you should edit the template and make the font size a little bigger for the [ code][ /code] stuffness.[/quote]

yes, agreed plz.
January 3, 2003, 4:43 AM
ILurker
i find that in most forms, there is at least one person that post a message like "if you dont know how to do this then you shouldn't be making a bot"

If they don't know that, how else are they supposed to find out, idiots,

If you don't have any helpful information to say than don't say anything at all.
February 9, 2003, 11:40 AM
Zakath
[quote]i find that in most forms, there is at least one person that post a message like "if you dont know how to do this then you shouldn't be making a bot"

If they don't know that, how else are they supposed to find out, idiots,

If you don't have any helpful information to say than don't say anything at all.[/quote]

Not that I necessarily condone that sort of behavior, but when I made my bot I wasn't constantly begging people for help on why things didn't work, or asking for free code. I actually did all the hard work myself.

The fact is that people shouldn't be taking up programming for the express purpose of making a bot - but many are anyway, which leads to people fiddling with stuff that's way over their heads. If someone wanted to use a bot as a benchmark for learning to program, I'd be quite supportive, but they'd have to do it the right way, and not jump straight into things they don't understand by copying code (much of which was never intended to be available to the public).
February 9, 2003, 3:22 PM
warz
All I ever hear from you, Zakath, is how you never asked for help, how you did everything in your bot, and how you can explain every single line of code in your project. I'm probably not the only one that doesn't really give two shits, but telling somebody that they're learning wrong just doesn't cut it. I honestly doubt anyone really knows the best way for another individual to learn how to program. Learning from a bot is a great place to start, because it covers so many different programming techniques, and uses. I'm sure most of the people here started learning programming because they became informed about it via bnet, or irc, or something.
February 10, 2003, 6:49 PM
Zakath
warz, I just plain disagree. I think a bot is a horrible starting point for most people. There are perhaps exceptions once in a while, but they're just that: exceptions. For the majority of aspiring programmers, I don't think a bot is a good idea as a first project.

And I'm not saying my bot is perfect, by any means. It uses hashing algorithms I didn't write, and I have in the past thanked a number of people for miscellaneous contributions. The code is messy, and it's rather featureless. But...I don't care: I made it...it's all mine, every line. I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment I get from that...everything else is just fringe benefits.
February 10, 2003, 7:47 PM
tA-Kane
[quote]It uses hashing algorithms I didn't write, and I have in the past thanked a number of people for miscellaneous contributions.[/quote]
[quote]I made it...it's all mine, every line.[/quote]
Funny...
February 11, 2003, 5:54 PM

Search