Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | This makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

AuthorMessageTime
Thing
SEATTLE -- Microsoft was exposed to the virus-like attack that crippled global Internet activity last weekend because it failed to install crucial fixes to its own software on many Microsoft computer servers, according to internal e-mails obtained Monday by The Associated Press.< Click for more info.
January 28, 2003, 11:47 PM
Naem
http://bespin.org/~phrozen/MSSecurity.jpeg
Read the first paragraph, and then look at the ad to the right...
January 29, 2003, 12:01 AM
iago
"This isn't the first time Microsoft has had its own computers attacked when it failed to install software fixes. In 2000, Microsoft was one of the victims of the I Love You virus, which exploited a known flaw in its Outlook e-mail program"

The flaw being.... people will click on a file that says "I love you", even though they have 5,000,000 of them in their mailbox? :-/
January 29, 2003, 11:27 AM
Eibro
[quote]
The flaw being.... people will click on a file that says "I love you", even though they have 5,000,000 of them in their mailbox? :-/[/quote]
I think it had to do with the preview pane. Even highlighting the message would have you infected :/
January 29, 2003, 12:21 PM
iago
aah.. I didn't even know that :-)

Nobody loved me enough to send me the virus :(
January 29, 2003, 2:26 PM
MesiaH
i was loved, my norton just didnt love them back :-p

i get the newest norton shit as soon as it comes out, its the best, hands down. i dont know why macafee and whoever else is still around, they dont work for beans, there have been numerous occasions ive had to look at peoples computers cause they got damn virus's, and they said the same thing; "but i installed the anti virus thing..." and i said; "show me the cd" and sure enough it was macafee. Junk.
January 30, 2003, 1:08 AM
iago
I've never used antivirus software, and I've never had a virus.

Although I always wear my seatbelt and I've never had an accident.. hmm
January 30, 2003, 11:54 AM
Zakath
[quote]
I think it had to do with the preview pane. Even highlighting the message would have you infected :/
[/quote]

Hence why I turn the preview pane off.
January 31, 2003, 12:49 PM
Grok
That is not efficient use of time for me.  I keep preview pane on, but changed Outlook's settings to display email as plain text.

Plain text has never infected anyone.
January 31, 2003, 1:08 PM
iago
Unless it gives you specific instructions on how to infect yourself and you follow them!

But never directly
January 31, 2003, 5:36 PM

Search