Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | 2 Problems / Questions

AuthorMessageTime
NeTworK
First off.. (vb6 programming language)
When the bot connects, after the first minute, the channel list becomes blank.. then if i rejoin or join another channel, it shows, and it doesnt seem to do that again.. why thet hell is that and how can i fix it

Second, in the keypress, when you add text, and it sends the text to bnet and to your chat screen, how would i make it so if you did any type off command with "/" in it, it wouldnt show it on the bots chatscreen, but still exicute the command...
March 26, 2004, 2:26 AM
UserLoser.
If you don't want to display messages the start with '/':

[code]
If (Left$(TextYourSending, 1) <> "/") Then
DisplayTheTextYourSending
End If
[/code]
March 26, 2004, 2:30 AM
ChR0NiC
LoL most likely you are using a recompiled bot, because there was a few sources around which have the channel list set to erase after use. Check for the erase of the array for the channel list :P I will not tell you how to do it though. I want you to learn :P
March 26, 2004, 2:38 AM
NeTworK
[quote author=UserLoser. link=board=17;threadid=5994;start=0#msg51708 date=1080268246]

[code]
End If
[/code]
[/quote]
in the DisplayTheTextYourSending
.... i thought it was "dont want to desplay messages starting with'/'
March 26, 2004, 3:42 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=NeTworK link=board=17;threadid=5994;start=0#msg51732 date=1080272561]
[quote author=UserLoser. link=board=17;threadid=5994;start=0#msg51708 date=1080268246]

[code]
End If
[/code]
[/quote]
in the DisplayTheTextYourSending
.... i thought it was "dont want to desplay messages starting with'/'
[/quote]

Heh, good point. You should be able to figure out how to fix it though.
March 26, 2004, 3:45 AM
NeTworK
I've already goten to like
If (Left$(textyoursending, 1) <> "/" Then
End If

But i dont know what to put in the center to desplay nothing...
March 26, 2004, 4:14 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=NeTworK link=board=17;threadid=5994;start=0#msg51737 date=1080274468]
I've already goten to like
If (Left$(textyoursending, 1) <> "/" Then
End If

But i dont know what to put in the center to desplay nothing...
[/quote]

If the left of the text you are sending is not "/", then you do display it! Do you know that the <> operator is the inequality operator?
March 26, 2004, 4:16 AM
dRAgoN
Add <your listview control name>.ListItems.Clear in to your EventChannel.

Edit1: This is just a guess that you have that commented out or have yet to add it.
Edit2: Fixed, no comment.
March 26, 2004, 7:57 AM
UserLoser.
[quote author=dRAgoN link=board=17;threadid=5994;start=0#msg51778 date=1080287832]
add <your listview control name>.Clear in to your EventChannel.

Edit: this is just a guess that you have that commented out or have yet to add it.
[/quote]

To correct you, it's listview.ListItems.Clear
March 26, 2004, 3:38 PM
Gangz
[code]
If (Left$(strtext, 1) = "/" Then exit sub
End If
[/code]

maybe? <> is saying that if the 1st letter doesnt = "/" then exit sub. its the exact oposite of the reaction you wanted.
For the channels
[code]
formname.listbox.clear
[/code]
try that before joining any new channels
March 26, 2004, 6:20 PM
hismajesty
As has been said:

[code]If (Left$(strSend, 1) <> "/" Then
AddC "some text", vbWhite 'Or whatever you use for displaying text
End If[/code]

[quote]When the bot connects, after the first minute, the channel list becomes blank.. then if i rejoin or join another channel, it shows, and it doesnt seem to do that again.. why thet hell is that and how can i fix it[/quote]

Perhaps posting some code that may be causing this would help.
March 27, 2004, 10:02 AM
Myndfyr
Guys... c'mon... this isn't difficult. Let me go through it line-by-line, and I'll make everything as deliberate as I can:

[code]
' Declare the text to send
Dim textToSend As String
' make it the text in the textbox.
textToSend = txtSend.Text
' Declare another string -- this being the first character of the text to send.
Dim firstChar As String
' GET the first character
firstChar = Left$(textToSend, 1)

' if the first character is not equal to "/"
If firstChar <> "/" Then
' then add the text to send to the chat window.
AddChat vbGreen, textToSend
End If
[/code]

This is not complicated.
March 27, 2004, 12:58 PM
hismajesty
MyndFyre: That has been posted multiple times.
March 27, 2004, 2:15 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=hismajesty link=board=17;threadid=5994;start=0#msg52048 date=1080396934]
[/quote]

hismajesty: I'm keenly aware of that. Evidently many people here are retards who can't figure out what the code does, so I made it as plainly and deliberate as possible. If you notice, I posted a shorter version of the same thing a few replies ago in the same thread, but didn't explain it.
March 27, 2004, 3:37 PM
Archangel
[quote]I'm keenly aware of that. Evidently many people here are retards who can't figure out what the code does.
[/quote]

He is right, like alot of people dont know what code means, they use this forums for learning Programming.
March 27, 2004, 6:24 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=17;threadid=5994;start=0#msg52055 date=1080401877]
[quote author=hismajesty link=board=17;threadid=5994;start=0#msg52048 date=1080396934]
[/quote]

hismajesty: I'm keenly aware of that. Evidently many people here are retards who can't figure out what the code does, so I made it as plainly and deliberate as possible. If you notice, I posted a shorter version of the same thing a few replies ago in the same thread, but didn't explain it.
[/quote]

Ah, nevermind then. :P
March 27, 2004, 7:14 PM
iago
[quote author=Archangel link=board=17;threadid=5994;start=0#msg52071 date=1080411870]
[quote]I'm keenly aware of that. Evidently many people here are retards who can't figure out what the code does.
[/quote]

He is right, like alot of people dont know what code means, they use this forums for learning Programming.
[/quote]

They use a bot development forum for learning? dumbdumbdumb.

I could understand people using the vb or c++ or java forum for learning, but making bots is a reasonably advanced topic. Before you even attempt to make a bot, you should already have a firm understanding of the language you intend to program it in. Otherwise, you end up looking like an idiot.
March 27, 2004, 7:28 PM
Skywing
[quote author=iago link=board=17;threadid=5994;start=15#msg52076 date=1080415681]
[quote author=Archangel link=board=17;threadid=5994;start=0#msg52071 date=1080411870]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They use a bot development forum for learning? dumbdumbdumb.

I could understand people using the vb or c++ or java forum for learning, but making bots is a reasonably advanced topic. Before you even attempt to make a bot, you should already have a firm understanding of the language you intend to program it in. Otherwise, you end up looking like an idiot.
[/quote]
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to stop many people from trying (here).
March 27, 2004, 7:44 PM

Search