Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Latency & Packet Loss

AuthorMessageTime
MoNksBaNe_Agahnim
I play DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot) and it has no features to display Latency/Ping/ect...

What I am wanting to do is make a program to display these things, like fps and latency, in game, like what /fps does in d2....

I know how to get the user's fps and I know how to display it over the game itself, but how would I go about retrieving the person who is using the program's latency and packet loss. Does not need to be in code but C++ references are a bonus :)

Thanks for any and all help

-Mbane_Agahnim
March 25, 2004, 2:36 AM
Noodlez
Well, most likely DaOC sends a ping packet to ensure the connection is still alive. I suppose by measuring the time between them you could guestimmate a reasonable ping to display. Or you could just ping the server your connected to every minute.
March 25, 2004, 4:22 AM
MoNksBaNe_Agahnim
how would one go about getting the IP of the server? Would a packet sniffer do it?
March 25, 2004, 4:56 AM
Stealth
Most likely after starting up DAoC you would notice a large amount of traffic between your computer and one or two servers. Those will be the one(s) you want to ping.
March 25, 2004, 5:14 AM
LoRd
[quote author=MoNksBaNe_Agahnim link=board=5;threadid=5979;start=0#msg51582 date=1080190574]
how would one go about getting the IP of the server? Would a packet sniffer do it?
[/quote]
Anything from netstat to a packet logger can get you that information.
March 25, 2004, 7:02 AM
Noodlez
[quote author=LoRd[nK] link=board=5;threadid=5979;start=0#msg51593 date=1080198152]
[quote author=MoNksBaNe_Agahnim link=board=5;threadid=5979;start=0#msg51582 date=1080190574]
[/quote]
Anything from netstat to a packet logger can get you that information.
[/quote]

You could even check the registry entry for which server was selected before collectin, assuming DaOC saves this information.
March 25, 2004, 3:10 PM

Search