Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | lol I'm stupid....

AuthorMessageTime
Plasma-
Ok I need a vb6 code to get it to log onto battle.net.do I need a BNLS or binary...what?O and could you tell me HOW to get it... :-/
thx
--- Please dont say bnetdocs ---

Edit - Removed annoying smiley-face animation topic icon.
February 12, 2003, 9:38 PM
Crypticflare
You need to have a more specific question, its up to you what type of login the bot will have

Chat
Binary
BNLS

Depends on what you want in a bot.
February 12, 2003, 9:47 PM
Plasma-
Really,well whitch do you think is the easiest?for now I just want the thing to connect.
February 12, 2003, 9:54 PM
Crypticflare
Well depends on the skill of the coder

Right now I'm still writing a Chat Client to some the Protocal is quite simple, but for me I'm still new at learning it.

If you want to go simple and easy, a Chat client might be an idea to start off with.
February 12, 2003, 9:56 PM
Plasma-
ok ya well.I'm new at righting a bot period.
well I need the code.I could figure it out myself probably.I have 2 people helping me so all I need right now is a code.I'll probably wide up asking for a BNLS sooner or later.I just need a vb code to get me off my knees. :-/
February 12, 2003, 10:03 PM
Crypticflare
Have you done any VB work before? Like some of the users here said

Your trying to run before learning to walk, or somthing like that. I'd suggest buying some type of VB book and studying it if you haven't programmed before.
February 12, 2003, 10:08 PM
Plasma-
[quote]Have you done any VB work before? Like some of the users here said

Your trying to run before learning to walk, or somthing like that.[/quote] ::)
Everyone tells me that,AND I have a vb's book.
February 12, 2003, 10:15 PM
St0rm.iD
learn the language first
February 12, 2003, 10:24 PM
hismajesty
[quote]learn the language first[/quote]
Actually its not completely necessary to learn the VB language to make the prog. My uncle created a prog that got published in a magazine and all that good stuff and still doesnt know the language, he knew enough to make it but still doesnt "know the language" basically he only made it to show Cannon that they didnt fund the class for nothing (Cannon pays for employess classes). But thats not to say that knowing some of the language wouldnt be beneficial.
February 12, 2003, 10:29 PM
Plasma-
:-/  fine ok that helps...I guess...
February 12, 2003, 10:30 PM
Arta
I'm feeling an intense temptation to flame you, but i'll resist.
February 12, 2003, 11:39 PM
Noodlez
[quote] link=board=bot;num=1045100296;start=0#10 date=02/12/03 at 21:39:43]I'm feeling an intense temptation to flame you, but i'll resist.[/quote]
February 13, 2003, 12:05 AM
Atom@School
Since everyone is stuck up ill help you.
When you connect to Battle.net on port 6112 send ascii char 3, then your username, vbcrlf, and password, the rest is easy, everything else you send is message then vbcrlf
February 13, 2003, 10:30 AM
Kp
[quote]Since everyone is stuck up ill help you.[/quote]
I think their replies were quite appropriate, given that he seemed to be quite clueless in general.  Bot development may be a decent way to learn programming (though I don't subscribe to this belief personally), but trying to learn everything you need from asking question is, IMO, a slow way to go.  Far better to use questions to augment some other source of information, e.g. "At line X in the VB greetbot, why does it do Y?"  A good response to such a question would clarify both what the effect of that is in VB, and what purpose the statement serves to the overall program.

Now that the decision has been made to start with a chatgate client (which is indeed easier than a binarygate), I'd suggest getting and looking through the VB greetbot.  I'm sure it's still around somewhere, and it'll provide a good starting point with network code and parser already built-in.
February 13, 2003, 12:06 PM
Spht
[quote]
I'd suggest getting and looking through the VB greetbot.  I'm sure it's still around somewhere[/quote]

Yep, it can be found here: http://botdev.valhallalegends.com/files/vbgreetbot.zip
February 13, 2003, 1:04 PM
Atom
Their responses werent appropriate, he asked a question, and instead of helping him they tell him to go read a book. I bet Bill Gates himself wouldnt know to send Chr(3) to battle.net before a login.
February 13, 2003, 3:51 PM

Search