Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | CS

AuthorMessageTime
GoSuGaMING
im sick of getting on cs and the people always hack... i think that steam needs to do something... what do u guys think?
March 22, 2004, 1:21 PM
Freakez
i agree. but steam is really cutting down on that. they banned my friends key for a year for botting and using wall hacks.

April 2, 2004, 12:21 AM
j0k3r
I haven't played with a hacker in over a year, I think the system works great.

Maybe you're just a noob and get owned, then *think that they're hacking, because you're a noob?
April 2, 2004, 1:27 AM
KoRRuPT
I agree, I just recently joined a game, and this guy was killing everyone with a wallhack. When ever you would follow him in spectators mode he would shoot at the wall, and "head shot". Kinda pathetic if you ask me
April 9, 2004, 4:02 AM
Adron
Given the spectators mode, all you really need is an awake admin/"moderator" on the server. Manual bans work fine since they can be by cd key.

A capture mode to capture sequences of cheating could be useful too.
April 9, 2004, 11:13 AM
Archonist
[quote author=Adron link=board=3;threadid=5908;start=0#msg54220 date=1081509238]
Given the spectators mode, all you really need is an awake admin/"moderator" on the server. Manual bans work fine since they can be by cd key.

[/quote]

As in a demo?

Record <demoname>

Saves <demoname.dem> in the /cstrike/ folder.
April 9, 2004, 12:24 PM
Adron
[quote author=Archonist link=board=3;threadid=5908;start=0#msg54223 date=1081513482]
[quote author=Adron link=board=3;threadid=5908;start=0#msg54220 date=1081509238]

[/quote]

As in a demo?

Record <demoname>

[/quote]

Ah, thanks for telling me how to do that without me having to ask about it. You're very helpful.

I've tried demos at some time, but I didn't get them to play back very good. I can't remember exactly what was the problem now, but there was something I got stuck on for a bit, and then I left it.

Perhaps if I could bind a key to capture a demo using a unique filename... What's recorded in a demo btw, like does it include names + keyids of the players and all the info you need to ban them?
April 11, 2004, 12:51 AM
Archonist
[quote author=Adron link=board=3;threadid=5908;start=0#msg54480 date=1081644696]
[quote author=Archonist link=board=3;threadid=5908;start=0#msg54223 date=1081513482]

[/quote]

As in a demo?

Record <demoname>

[/quote]

Ah, thanks for telling me how to do that without me having to ask about it. You're very helpful.

I've tried demos at some time, but I didn't get them to play back very good. I can't remember exactly what was the problem now, but there was something I got stuck on for a bit, and then I left it.

Perhaps if I could bind a key to capture a demo using a unique filename... What's recorded in a demo btw, like does it include names + keyids of the players and all the info you need to ban them?
[/quote]

Perhaps if I could bind a key to capture a demo using a unique filename

-- bind "key" record <name> should work.

What's recorded in a demo btw, like does it include names + keyids of the players and all the info you need to ban them?

-- I'm not totally sure, Just try recording a 3 minute demo then see what it includes.
April 11, 2004, 12:58 PM
j0k3r
Note that you will probably overwrite you previous demo if you bind a key to record a specifically named demo. Is anyone aware if just "bind key record" will work?
April 11, 2004, 1:03 PM
chaoticid
well the if you type record "hacker" (the files name) it will record whatever you have seen at your computer thats a single person demo. it wont have like steam id account's nor cd keys i believe. but i scrim a lot so i dont ever worrying about hackers ;D
April 14, 2004, 4:59 AM
chaoticid
oh and i forgot to say cs is a weird game some walls can be shot through, yeah i know you thinking douf!!!! >:(
April 14, 2004, 5:04 AM
j0k3r
I answered my own question, no it doesn't work.

Chaotic, people play CS too much, and on the 3 servers I play on there are no hackers, as I am frequently in the top 3 on the map, it makes it very easy to see who's hacking. Headshots are more common than regular kills on one of the servers I play on, and shooting at a common place someone would camp (like in the crack of the door on aztec) usually gets some idiot killed, who then runs his mouth about us hacking. Point is less peopole hack than you think, you just suck.
April 14, 2004, 11:23 AM
iago
I never play CS, but this reminds me of Starcraft. If you quickly get an expansion base you can easily out-gather them and build a much bigger army and rape them, then you get accused of mineral hacking. Sometimes I try to explain the mechanics of the game and why that's impossible, but that just confuses them. In fact, that's probably why i do it.
April 14, 2004, 4:31 PM
Tuberload
[quote author=iago link=board=3;threadid=5908;start=0#msg55069 date=1081960312]
I never play CS, but this reminds me of Starcraft. If you quickly get an expansion base you can easily out-gather them and build a much bigger army and rape them, then you get accused of mineral hacking. Sometimes I try to explain the mechanics of the game and why that's impossible, but that just confuses them. In fact, that's probably why i do it.
[/quote]

I like to call it the loosers limp. When someone starts to loose, they start making excuses.
April 14, 2004, 6:52 PM

Search