Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | nVidia nForce Drivers [Slackware Linux]

AuthorMessageTime
hismajesty
My motherboard, the Biostar M7NCD Pro, uses nVidia nForce drivers for things such as audio and LAN. I have a home network and the only way I can connect to the internet is by the USB cable between computer/modem (thus limiting only one computer to the internet unless I use Windows). Since the internet works when I use the USB cable then the problem must be in the network card/drivers. I thought that nVidia drivers were included with slackware. What should I do? I installed the only Linux nVidia drivers I could find but that didn't seem to fix anything (they were on the nVidia site). Another post I made (on another forum) was about sound, and the guy gave me a command to fix it. My sound is onboard too, nVidia drivers as well, so I'm assuming my drivers are installed just not activated (for the LAN) or something. I already did netconfig and have it all set to automatically obtain the settings.

Thanks, this is an urgent problem so any help is appreciated.
March 21, 2004, 3:35 PM
Thing
http://www.suse.com/

See ya!
March 22, 2004, 2:47 AM
hismajesty
Haha, another person told me Suse as well, but I'm heartset on getting Slackware to work. The people in #slackware told me a new nic would fix it 99% chance, but that still didn't work. I've reinstalled Slack and setup the network in Slackware setup..still not working. I'm hoping the person that recommended me getting a new nic will be on tonight so he can tell me what to do next and such. If not, I'll either stick with windows or use SuSe probably. :P
March 22, 2004, 7:40 PM
hismajesty
fixed ;D
March 23, 2004, 12:20 AM
mynameistmp
What was the solution ?
March 23, 2004, 6:15 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=mynameistmp link=board=2;threadid=5892;start=0#msg51094 date=1080022537]
What was the solution ?
[/quote]

xar told me nVidia drivers were included, but they weren't. So, after some help from linuxquestions.org and #slackware I was able to fix it.
March 23, 2004, 10:15 AM

Search