Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Question About BNLS_CONFIRMLOGON (0x0A)

AuthorMessageTime
ChR0NiC
Once I receive 0x56 password change success from BNET. The BNLS protocol says I should send 0x0A to BNLS along with the data. I was wondering what the point of this is....when you could simply just login from their....if there is a reason....I want to know what it is...
March 18, 2004, 7:22 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=17;threadid=5858;start=0#msg50228 date=1079594534]
Once I receive 0x56 password change success from BNET. The BNLS protocol says I should send 0x0A to BNLS along with the data. I was wondering what the point of this is....when you could simply just login from their....if there is a reason....I want to know what it is...
[/quote]

[quote]
** This proves the Battle.net server knows your password. The client should use BNLS_CONFIRMLOGON (0x0a) to verify the proof, and if it is incorrect, terminate the connection.
[/quote]

That is how the official clients do it. Therefore, to ensure compatibility, you should too.
March 18, 2004, 8:47 AM
ChR0NiC
Well, I already had it configured to do so, but it wasn't using it. But now it is...... :D
March 18, 2004, 8:59 AM
ChR0NiC
So when should I use this packet.....in response to BNLS_0x03?
March 19, 2004, 3:00 AM
Myndfyr
After SID_AUTH_ACCOUNTLOGONPROOF (0x54) S->C
[code]
Response:
---------

(DWORD) Status code.*
(5 DWORDs) Password proof.**
[/code]

After SID_AUTH_ACCOUNTCHANGEPROOF (0x56) S->C
[code]
Response:
---------

(DWORD) Status code.*
[/code]

And after SID_AUTH_ACCOUNTUPGRADEPROOF (0x58) S->C
[code]
Response:
---------

(DWORD) Status code.*
[/code]

Cheers.

[edit] In the future, instead of replying to your own post when nobody else has replied to it, utilize the modify feature. [/edit]
March 19, 2004, 7:18 AM
ChR0NiC
Thanks Alot Man ^_^
March 19, 2004, 7:19 AM

Search