Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Warcraft 3 Change Password

AuthorMessageTime
ChR0NiC
Screw It, Nobody Wants To Help On This Topic...We'll Just Forget It
March 16, 2004, 11:58 PM
tA-Kane
I beleive your password is case-sensitive (or rather, lowercased by the game). Try LCase(varPassword) when you're sending 0x05 to BNLS.

You should also LCase(varNewPass) if you want to be able to login on that account with the game client.
March 17, 2004, 1:07 AM
UserLoser.
If I'm not mistaken, isn't:

0x56 (Responses):
------------------
0x00: Password changed
0x01: Password changed
0x02: Incorrect old password
0x03: Password changed

(In addition to what he just posted as parsing 0x0)

I got these from Game.dll, but I could be wrong since I don't have much knowledge.
March 17, 2004, 1:13 AM
tA-Kane
By the way, you should ALWAYS have "Else", and handlers for unknown values, especially when connecting. Even if it simplay displays a message like "Unknown value in xyz function, value=" & str(value)

The reason being is this tells the user that the bot tried to do what they told it to do, but received an error while trying to do it, instead of appearing as though it did nothing at all (or perhaps started to do something, and then just got "hung", in the case of receiving an unknown value during connection).

It also gives the user some more information for you to ask for to help you know what went wrong.

If the bot stops during connection, and doesn't display what made it stop, then there's hardly anything to tell you where it's confused.

[Kp edit: fixed markup tag.]
March 17, 2004, 2:17 AM
tA-Kane
Are you able to login with the password which you're using as the old password?
March 17, 2004, 5:15 PM
LoRd
[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=17;threadid=5839;start=0#msg50065 date=1079548351]
Yes I can regularly logon with the account and password and also create an account if I specify to....just the changing password is the only problem I am having......

Whoa......Kane you are MacBinaryBot who hangs out in Op [vL]??
[/quote]

That's what his personal text says.
March 17, 2004, 6:36 PM
Eli_1
[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=17;threadid=5839;start=0#msg49934 date=1079481505]
Screw It, Nobody Wants To Help On This Topic...We'll Just Forget It
[/quote]

people have been trying to help you, cut the drama

[Edit] and quit removing/modifying all your posts
March 17, 2004, 8:19 PM
ChR0NiC
Not people....just Kane and I know some people who are easily qualified in being able to do this and have read this post before, they just choose not to answer.
March 17, 2004, 8:20 PM
Kp
[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=17;threadid=5839;start=0#msg50089 date=1079554804]Not people....just Kane and I know some people who are easily qualified in being able to do this and have read this post before, they just choose not to answer.[/quote]

Pursuing your implied logic, anyone who can answer a question adequately should do so if the question has not been resolved. By this token, it ought to be acceptable to ask the root servers to recurse my queries because they can answer it. However, if this were pursued, the root servers would very quickly collapse under the load. Similarly, Skywing and Yoni would be obligated to explain War3 logon because they understand it and can explain it quite well, if so convinced. I'm sure you can see other examples of where this train of thought rapidly induces system breakdowns.
March 17, 2004, 9:46 PM
ChR0NiC
[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=17;threadid=5839;start=0#msg50089 date=1079554804]Not people....just Kane and I know some people who are easily qualified in being able to do this and have read this post before, they just choose not to answer.[/quote]

[quote author=Kp link=board=17;threadid=5839;start=0#msg50134 date=1079559997]
Pursuing your implied logic, anyone who can answer a question adequately should do so if the question has not been resolved. By this token, it ought to be acceptable to ask the root servers to recurse my queries because they can answer it. However, if this were pursued, the root servers would very quickly collapse under the load. Similarly, Skywing and Yoni would be obligated to explain War3 logon because they understand it and can explain it quite well, if so convinced. I'm sure you can see other examples of where this train of thought rapidly induces system breakdowns.
[/quote]

I am was actually talking about SPHT -.-

Edit: I got it working -.- HIP HIP HOORAY
March 18, 2004, 1:46 AM

Search