Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | stealthbot got me stumped again :p

AuthorMessageTime
Gangz
Aight remember last time i was trying to figure out how stealth was owning titan. Now i have seen a regular stealthbot intercept whispers.
[img]http://www.sacred-soldiers.com/WTF.gif[/img]

i shit you not.. this is real.. But how?
March 16, 2004, 8:16 AM
ChR0NiC
One thing about Stealth Bot I've wanted to know is.......apparently it uses CleanSlateBot 2 to log on with W3.....where is this CSB2 and how might one obtain it.....I don't want to use it in my bot, but I wanna just see what new features were added to it.
March 16, 2004, 8:29 AM
LoRd
Just like the coloring in the Starcraft/Warcraft II chat, it's a UTF-8 bug. Everyone on Starcraft/Warcraft II will be seeing the last message they received, weather it be a whisper, a talk, an emote, ect. after receiving the message that the user sent.
You should probably go to the StealthBot support forum for further inquiries reguarding his bot because this is not the proper place for them.
March 16, 2004, 8:44 AM
Gangz
Very Good lord!!!! its a bnet development.. Now if someone could explain it.. It could be developed.
March 16, 2004, 8:46 AM
Kp
[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=17;threadid=5817;start=0#msg49707 date=1079425774]One thing about Stealth Bot I've wanted to know is.......apparently it uses CleanSlateBot 2 to log on with W3.....where is this CSB2 and how might one obtain it.....I don't want to use it in my bot, but I wanna just see what new features were added to it.[/quote]

It is my understanding that as of many versions ago, Stealth stopped using CSB and rewrote his bot to be "straight VB". *cough* This is an entirely feasible thing to do, although you'll need to know much more about the guts of the protocol than you do if you just use CSB.
March 16, 2004, 5:42 PM
Stealth
CleanSlateBot2 is actually just the current version of the OCX. At the time of its release, it was the second major revision of CleanSlateBot that CupHead had completed, thus I renamed it CleanSlateBot2.ocx for my own organizational purposes.

StealthBot has not used CSB since the version 2.1 release. I wrote a class to process and dispatch BNLS packets thereafter and removed CSB from the project for version 2.2, which was the first version to support Warcraft III again.

This whisper interception -- I'm certainly not doing anything special, did the bot see itself say that or the title of the MP3?
March 16, 2004, 8:25 PM
iago
[quote author=Stealth link=board=17;threadid=5817;start=0#msg49850 date=1079468712]
CleanSlateBot2 is actually just the current version of the OCX. At the time of its release, it was the second major revision of CleanSlateBot that CupHead had completed, thus I renamed it CleanSlateBot2.ocx for my own organizational purposes.

StealthBot has not used CSB since the version 2.1 release. I wrote a class to process and dispatch BNLS packets thereafter and removed CSB from the project for version 2.2, which was the first version to support Warcraft III again.

This whisper interception -- I'm certainly not doing anything special, did the bot see itself say that or the title of the MP3?
[/quote]

The "whisper interception" is a known flaw in the Starcraft client. If you send a carefully constructed packet TO a starcraft client, it will result in the previous message being displayed again.
March 16, 2004, 8:29 PM
FuzZ
[quote author=Stealth link=board=17;threadid=5817;start=0#msg49850 date=1079468712]
[/quote]

Well, I would imagine if it was the title of the MP3, the message would have been "Current MP3: #. <text>" no?

:EDIT: punctuation, noticed it when i clicked 'post' :P
March 16, 2004, 8:31 PM
Gangz
Yes stealth, It is seen as the Mp3 to others and last message shown to me.. No matter what the message was. a record a whisper /f l shows... So is it possible to see what others say? Is it possible to make a bot that can do it on command?

Oh yea it only does it on a certain song....

edit:added to it
March 16, 2004, 8:33 PM
ChR0NiC
I was shown this "whisper interception" and iago is correct it is some sort of BW flaw.....because it only works on the BW client....
And the person who requests the mp3 and therefore sees the whisper is the only in the channel who sees what was whispered. So I believe it is a very big flaw in BW....
March 16, 2004, 8:33 PM
iago
I wouldn't call it a very big flaw. All it does it let you see your own last displayed message. They can't actually see what you're doing.
March 16, 2004, 8:58 PM
Gangz
Eh? So it could never see all whispers? Just the last thing shown on my screen?
March 16, 2004, 9:43 PM
LoRd
[quote author=Gangz link=board=17;threadid=5817;start=0#msg49893 date=1079473402]
Eh? So it could never see all whispers? Just the last thing shown on my screen?
[/quote]
Yes, but everyone is seeing the message on their own screen, no one is seeing anybody else's messages.
March 16, 2004, 9:57 PM
Kp
[quote author=Gangz link=board=17;threadid=5817;start=0#msg49893 date=1079473402]Eh? So it could never see all whispers? Just the last thing shown on my screen?[/quote]

It could invoke this once for every whisper, but invoking the bug does not allow the invoker to see what he causes you to display.
March 16, 2004, 10:41 PM
tA-Kane
[quote author=Gangz link=board=17;threadid=5817;start=0#msg49706 date=1079424965]i have seen a regular stealthbot intercept whispers.[/quote]

/f a (auto_forwarder_bot)
/f a (naive_person)
/f m (something to make you think that your message was intercepted)

I'm probably incorrect though.
March 16, 2004, 11:10 PM
Skywing
The problem seems to occur when it tries to split a line due to length, but after splitting there is no more data to put on the new line.

This bug far predates the UTF-8 support added recently. The same bug is also present in Diablo 1 and War2BNE.
March 16, 2004, 11:59 PM
g0dFraY
A friend of mine some how does this. He leaves to a different channel and when you type "/whois FRIEND" it displays the last thing on my screen. He will not tell me how he does it but i do know hes on the BW client. The same with "/f l" it shows whos ever above him(on my f list) instead of his name.
March 19, 2004, 12:19 PM
Archangel
Ok, Try This:
Go on Starcraft Client,
Load a Bot in the same channel that is in Client,
then whisper something on client,
then with bot send this:
ÿC1 .: ÿC5 Archangel ÿC1:. ÿC2.: ÿC3 Archangel ÿC2:. ÿC4.: ÿC8 Archangel ÿC4:.ÿC1 .: ÿC5 Archangel ÿC1:. ÿC2.: ÿC3 Archangel ÿC2:. ÿC4.: ÿC8 Archangel ÿC4:.

Well have fun..
March 22, 2004, 3:55 AM
Myndfyr
You know, Archangel, your signature makes absolutely no sense.

That said....

You could use Winpcap to capture packets remotely -- a feature available also in Ethereal. Doing so, you could potentially distribute a build of Winpcap hidden with something that looks useful (a font package, perhaps), and then use Winpcap to intercept the packets and decode them.
March 22, 2004, 9:19 PM
Archangel
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=17;threadid=5817;start=15#msg50938 date=1079990340]
You know, Archangel, your signature makes absolutely no sense.

That said....

You could use Winpcap to capture packets remotely -- a feature available also in Ethereal. Doing so, you could potentially distribute a build of Winpcap hidden with something that looks useful (a font package, perhaps), and then use Winpcap to intercept the packets and decode them.
[/quote]

Tell me u think you are funny?
March 22, 2004, 9:40 PM
Kp
[quote author=Archangel link=board=17;threadid=5817;start=15#msg50950 date=1079991658]Tell me u think you are funny?[/quote]

He sounded absolutely serious. You, on the other hand, I'm having a hard time taking seriously.
March 22, 2004, 10:33 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Kp link=board=17;threadid=5817;start=15#msg50989 date=1079994815]
[quote author=Archangel link=board=17;threadid=5817;start=15#msg50950 date=1079991658]Tell me u think you are funny?[/quote]

He sounded absolutely serious. [/quote]

I was indeed. Look at this:

[quote]
I am an angel ranked above the highest rank in the celestial hierarchy.
[/quote]

That would be like saying you were ranked above a five-star General in the Army; unfortunately, there is no such rank -- thus, the statement is either a lie or you're someone who makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Hehehe -- have you seen his profile? His location is Spanish. He's somewhere in Spanish. Hmm....
March 22, 2004, 10:51 PM
Archangel
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=17;threadid=5817;start=15#msg50994 date=1079995913]
[quote author=Kp link=board=17;threadid=5817;start=15#msg50989 date=1079994815]

He sounded absolutely serious. [/quote]

I was indeed. Look at this:

[quote]
I am an angel ranked above the highest rank in the celestial hierarchy.
[/quote]

That would be like saying you were ranked above a five-star General in the Army; unfortunately, there is no such rank -- thus, the statement is either a lie or you're someone who makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
[/quote]
ohh lol www.Dictionary.com Definition lol!!

[EDIT] URL Mistake.
March 22, 2004, 10:53 PM

Search