Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | holy shit man!

AuthorMessageTime
dRAgoN
http://www.nasa.gov/

I didn't realy know where to post this but if noone around here heared about this yet i thought they should.

I remember watching the space shuttle chalenger make its way up and explodeing, and now columbia which looks like it incinerated on desent this is news that everyone should know as it happend evin as bad as it is.

my feelings go out to those members of nasa and their familys, watching those videos i cant see any posible way that they could have survived.
February 1, 2003, 1:30 PM
iago
*doesn't click the link

I know, my Dad's been watching it on CNN all day.  7 people die, that's pretty harsh.  Hopefully, this doesn't end up like Challenger and shut down the space program for years :-/
February 1, 2003, 2:44 PM
dRAgoN
[quote]*doesn't click the link

I know, my Dad's been watching it on CNN all day.  7 people die, that's pretty harsh.  Hopefully, this doesn't end up like Challenger and shut down the space program for years :-/[/quote]

they cant let that happen theres still people up in the space station 8\
February 1, 2003, 2:54 PM
Yoni
[quote]

they cant let that happen theres still people up in the space station 8\[/quote]
That's not the problem. Russian officials said that Russia will not stop their space programs, so the space station is not at any risk if NASA stops sending shuttles to it.
I can imagine it will delay lots of NASA planned events by months though. Oh well =\
February 1, 2003, 6:04 PM
iago
[quote]
That's not the problem. Russian officials said that Russia will not stop their space programs, so the space station is not at any risk if NASA stops sending shuttles to it.
I can imagine it will delay lots of NASA planned events by months though. Oh well =\[/quote]

Of course there's a risk to the Space Station! It'll be chock full of Russians!

Also, the problem with the shuttle was clearly caused by Sprintlink, so let's all blame them!
February 1, 2003, 6:48 PM
admin
Sprintlink is my main suspect in the shuttle disaster.  Two days ago my CSU/DSU blows up and now this ...  To top it off, my cell phone (Sprint) died the same day.  Is this coincidence?  :-/
February 1, 2003, 7:18 PM
Invert
Sad day for Israel and U.S.
February 1, 2003, 8:21 PM
Eibro
A friend sent me a message this morning:
"Columbia blew up
www.cnn.com"

The first thing I thought; someone nuked Columbia.
February 1, 2003, 9:47 PM
iago
[quote]A friend sent me a message this morning:
"Columbia blew up
www.cnn.com"

The first thing I thought; someone nuked Columbia.[/quote]

That would have been a lot cooler :D
February 2, 2003, 3:39 PM
Acid
Nasa shouldve got a clue and spent the money they used to repair columbia before to build a NEW shuttle, that didnt suck
February 2, 2003, 6:17 PM
Yoni
btw, this was Columbia's 28th mission, and it was designed and built to last about 100 missions.
It may have been old but it was not worn out.
February 3, 2003, 3:18 PM
Coltz
I think they are supposed to last 113 missions
February 4, 2003, 10:16 AM

Search