Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Fun Forum™ | Gun laws

AuthorMessageTime
jigsaw
hm.. I read a post that had touched upon gun laws. I want to get some peoples thorough points of view, and any comments/ideas are welcome. Elaborate well for I will try to rip you apart :) Also sny related topics ie: sueing gun companies for murders with their guns; are also welcome.
March 15, 2004, 3:33 PM
iago
haha, suing gun companies for murder would be great. Doesn't one of the major gun manufacturers (H&K, maybe?) have a house that is supposedly haunted with the ghosts of people killed with his guns?

I'm also going to sue Ford because I know somebody who got hit by a Ford truck.

And I'm going to sue Microsoft and IBM because I got a virus which made me lose work.

Finally, I'm going to sue McDonalds for making me fat.
March 15, 2004, 3:43 PM
Grok
I'd rather see the responsible well-trained and background-checked owners be charged with manslaughter when their defensive murder weapons are stolen due to their incompetence and used in a crime that results in someone's death.

Perhaps then there won't be so many gun advocates and will be more defensively-minded people looking for better solutions.
March 15, 2004, 4:21 PM
Kp
[quote author=iago link=board=4;threadid=5786;start=0#msg49501 date=1079365439]haha, suing gun companies for murder would be great.[/quote]

This is actually happening. The U.S. Congress was considering a bill that would prohibit suing businesses for the criminal misuse of stolen products. The bill was killed by its own supporters after certain Senators tacked on amendments contrary to the bill's original intent.
March 15, 2004, 4:34 PM
Crypticflare
Since I do part-time work as a gunsmith at a local shop, the background checks help, yet put a lot of more work on the legit hunters around our community, plain and simple if someone wants or needs a gun they will get it legal or not. I do believe that proper storing and security be taken with any type of firearm sold, I tell every customer I get what type of precautions to take, and though a lot of guns are sold many more are denied, the ATF checks do help, but the clerk selling the gun needs to have a common sense when dealing with different type of personalities that they come across.
March 16, 2004, 4:12 AM
jigsaw
I just bought a winchester 270 and a 300 weatherby supermag.. When I turn 21 I am getting a S&W 629 .44. and a HK P2000. When I bought my 300, there was a 10 day waiting period etc.. I think it is great that people bare arms. By people I mean responsible ones, psychologically sound. I beleive that people will get guns any way shape or form if they really want to perform a crime.
March 16, 2004, 5:24 AM
Crypticflare
Exactly. On another note I just picked up a:

Russian Carbine: 7.62X54 bolt action, or in other words a M44, came with baneot gunsling rings and of course all of the symbols and markings from WWII since it was used as a standard infantry gun. History kicks ass.
March 16, 2004, 1:00 PM
Eibro
[quote author=Crypticflare link=board=4;threadid=5786;start=0#msg49714 date=1079442017]
Exactly. On another note I just picked up a:

Russian Carbine: 7.62X54 bolt action, or in other words a M44, came with baneot gunsling rings and of course all of the symbols and markings from WWII since it was used as a standard infantry gun. History kicks ass.
[/quote]http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0700/794.htm ?
March 16, 2004, 4:55 PM
Crypticflare
Yep, that looks almost exactly identical to it. Good research :p

+1 (Spiritually)
March 17, 2004, 3:06 AM
jigsaw
Cryptic flare, I just bought M44 and M38.. same russian made gun at Big 5 for 70 a peice.. they are great guns to fire and firing a 762 its a powerful gun, they are fun! the M38 doesnt have the bayonet but man the m44 is fun
March 19, 2004, 3:39 PM
jigsaw
if you like older guns, go and fire a German Mouser K98 it shoots an 8mm with a huge case! A blast to shoot.
March 19, 2004, 3:40 PM
DrivE
Personally I'm a big fan of the WWII model M-1 Garand rifle. Also I'm a huge fan of the Thompson issued to officers in such engagments as D-Day. The Thompson fires a .45 caliber pistol round in full auto. Its a TOTAL BLAST to shoot!
March 19, 2004, 8:00 PM
jigsaw
Heh, Garands are nice but not *real* powerful. I fired a 300 weatherbysupermag sniper rifle. oh sh*t.
March 19, 2004, 9:23 PM
DrivE
Accuracy kills.
March 19, 2004, 10:06 PM
Crypticflare
I've been trying to get my hands on a British 303 but the dealers around me either only stock ammo, or haven't had a gun like that for years.

Not to mention those M44's are about the cheapest Coyote gun around to shoot, The gunshop I work for does carrie three different models of it, plus the standard 8MM Bosnian rifle.
March 20, 2004, 3:17 AM
DrivE
I have a British 303 for re-enactments. My grandfather also just passed down to me a gun hes had for a long time which is a British 304, the British Sniper Rifle.
March 20, 2004, 2:10 PM
jigsaw
wow thats pretty neat, post pictures if you can Id like to see it. I found a pretty sweet sten gun replica at a pawn shop in nevada.. almost got it.. not sure if it was real.
March 20, 2004, 5:19 PM
DrivE
I've recently taken up World War II re-enacting and have gotten to see, handle, and fire many of those guns. Recently a Kraut had an original sten gun that his father had taken off of a German on Omaha Beach at Normandy. There are a few ways to tell an original from a replica and if you're interested I can ask around for some of those tips. I should be able to get a picture of the 303 and the 304 if my dad ever gives me my digital camera back.
March 20, 2004, 6:21 PM
DrivE
Well, its not my .303 but it is exactly like this.

http://members.tripod.com/Askari_MB/18033670.jpg

I just finalized the deal on this weapon and bought it today. Its a M1 Carbine with a folding stock used by the Airborne at Normandy.

[img]http://dark-wire.net/hosted/users/hazard/M1Carbine.jpg[/img]
March 22, 2004, 9:58 PM
jigsaw
thats sweet. I like it.
March 23, 2004, 5:42 AM
DrivE
The M1 is kickass.
March 23, 2004, 9:52 PM

Search