Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Java Applet (phone)

AuthorMessageTime
Gangz
As many of you might know all the new phones support Java and you can create your own applets. Is it possible to create one that could connect to Battle.Net. As long as the phone has internet capabilities. If it is possible anyone willing to take the challenge on with me?
March 13, 2004, 9:13 AM
Stealth
I would think that Battle.net text moves too fast for a phone display...
March 13, 2004, 9:51 AM
iago
I've got an almost-working Java bot. I suppose it can be turned into an applet if there's some way to turn down the security manager to connect to 3rd party servers.
March 13, 2004, 9:58 AM
Skywing
Also note that storing the vercheck files will take up quite a lot of (probably very limited) available permanent memory. For this reason, you may want to consider something like BNLS to save a couple megabytes.
March 13, 2004, 6:41 PM
iago
[quote author=Skywing link=board=17;threadid=5754;start=0#msg49218 date=1079203274]
Also note that storing the vercheck files will take up quite a lot of (probably very limited) available permanent memory. For this reason, you may want to consider something like BNLS to save a couple megabytes.
[/quote]

*ugh* agreed ;). I was thinking of a remote applet, though, so you could store the version check files on the remote server and just forward the data to an applet front, somewhat like webbot.
March 13, 2004, 6:43 PM
warz
That's a neat idea. I'd like to see that follow through.
March 13, 2004, 6:46 PM
Gangz
If you guys wanna see soem of the applets that the phones can handle(wich is alot more then i thought) go to www.tagtag.com. It cane handle whole games like sonic and shit
March 13, 2004, 7:12 PM
iago
[quote author=warz link=board=17;threadid=5754;start=0#msg49220 date=1079203595]
[/quote]

I might actually do that, it wouldn't be all that difficult. The front end would be best to be an applet, but the server side could be a jsp script or a servlet or even a custom program. Actually, the front end could really be anything if you're just broadcasting like webchannel.
March 13, 2004, 9:17 PM
Gangz
[quote author=iago link=board=17;threadid=5754;start=0#msg49235 date=1079212669]
[quote author=warz link=board=17;threadid=5754;start=0#msg49220 date=1079203595]
[/quote]

I might actually do that, it wouldn't be all that difficult. The front end would be best to be an applet, but the server side could be a jsp script or a servlet or even a custom program. Actually, the front end could really be anything if you're just broadcasting like webchannel.
[/quote]

Would love to see it Iago... I will be a beta tester for you on the phone :p or if anyone else wants.. i will help create and beta it on my phone
March 13, 2004, 9:39 PM
Myndfyr
somewhat related: for my bot API that I'm creating (the .NET equivalent of CSB), I'm trying to keep it as close as I can to the Compact .NET Framework. It will be portable to Windows CE/Pocket PC 2002/2003/Windows Mobile with the .NET CF installed. =)
March 14, 2004, 12:40 AM

Search