Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Listview RightClick

AuthorMessageTime
Lenny
A Listview control by default enables the right mouse button to select items.

Does anyone know the name of this property? My channel ListView isnt allowing me to select items using right click, I believe a setting has been altered but I dont know the name of its property.
March 6, 2004, 9:50 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
I normally just use "If Button = 2 Then" on the click sub.
March 13, 2004, 1:02 AM
Lenny
I have no problem showing the mnu's upon a right click...but the right click doesn't select the username thats its pointing to, the username can only be selected thru the left button for some reason...
March 13, 2004, 2:54 AM
g0dFraY
I seem to have run into the same problem. Could it be that using menus causes this. Its not a major problem for me but i would like to know why this happens.
March 16, 2004, 12:50 AM
ChR0NiC
This is quite odd in my mind....I am not getting this problem

Here is what I am using for the menu pop up
[code]
Private Sub ChannelList_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, y As Single)
If Button = 2 Then
PopupMenu mnuOptions
End If
End Sub
[/code]
March 16, 2004, 8:48 PM
Eli_1
[quote author=Lenny link=board=31;threadid=5630;start=0#msg49152 date=1079146463]
I have no problem showing the mnu's upon a right click...but the right click doesn't select the username thats its pointing to, the username can only be selected thru the left button for some reason...
[/quote]

note that his problem wasn't to do a popup menu...

his problem is that, he wants to right click on a username and bring up a menu on that name, but when you right click, you don't actually select the name...
March 16, 2004, 9:11 PM
ChR0NiC
[quote author=Lenny link=board=31;threadid=5630;start=0#msg49152 date=1079146463]
[/quote]

[quote author=Eli_1 link=board=31;threadid=5630;start=0#msg49873 date=1079471463]
note that his problem wasn't to do a popup menu...
his problem is that, he wants to right click on a username and bring up a menu on that name, but when you right click, you don't actually select the name...
[/quote]

Works perfectly fine for me.......always has
March 16, 2004, 9:35 PM
Adron
Maybe some people are showing the menu on click / down and others are showing it on up?
March 16, 2004, 10:52 PM
ChR0NiC
[quote author=Adron link=board=31;threadid=5630;start=0#msg49916 date=1079477546]
Maybe some people are showing the menu on click / down and others are showing it on up?
[/quote]

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, does this solve your problem guys?
March 17, 2004, 12:17 AM
Lenny
Yes, it was mouse down that was affecting it, I used mousedown because in my opinion it was more efficient considering how it works....

I also developed a somewhat temporary solution, by manipulating the x, y coordinates of where the mouse actually was and dividing it by the size of 1 item in the listview....Unfortunately it proved to be inaccurate for large lists...
March 17, 2004, 2:36 AM

Search