Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Martha Stewart Found Guilty

AuthorMessageTime
hismajesty
Found guility on all 4 counts.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4429271/
March 5, 2004, 9:01 PM
Zakath
Good.
March 5, 2004, 9:46 PM
Rock
Ya it is but what she did most people would do if in her position. Every1 cares bout money. That's how the world works.
March 5, 2004, 10:54 PM
Grok
No, most people who receive a tip that is based on insider information also receive a legal warning from their broker. We know to wait until the said announcement is made public before trying to dump our stocks, or risk jail.
March 6, 2004, 2:01 AM
Rock
I meant if you were martha stewart. You'd be smart and cash out b4 the stock fell. You would not care about other people who have invested in your stock.
March 6, 2004, 2:38 AM
Kp
[quote author=Rock link=board=2;threadid=5618;start=0#msg47821 date=1078540693]I meant if you were martha stewart. You'd be smart and cash out b4 the stock fell. You would not care about other people who have invested in your stock.[/quote]

Without regard to whether or not she cared about others, there is the matter that Grok points out: enlightened self-interest dictates not selling the stock due to the probabilty of jail time if it comes out, as it did for Stewart.
March 6, 2004, 3:12 AM
Hostile
I must say, this whole thing has gotten me down. I've had to resort to watching Oprah instead of her relaxing and educational television show.
March 6, 2004, 3:40 AM
MrRaza
It's weird that if she didnt sell before it was made public she would of only lost around 50K out of her $210,000(around there) investment.
March 6, 2004, 7:09 AM
Rock
lol and now b/c of her crimes her company which was worth almost 1 bill is now only worth half of that.
March 6, 2004, 8:59 PM
Raven
I'm glad. Martha Stewart will, in a way, become a scapegoat for all the finance-regulating commissions in America to show the "small-time" investors that if the larger whales try to bully them, they will pay. She'll probably endup receiving the punishment for all the "illegal" ventures pursued by her peers in the past.
March 7, 2004, 2:05 AM

Search