Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Error Invaild Version

AuthorMessageTime
ExaM
I was messing around with my bot for like three hours, and when I ran it and tried to connect, I got an error message box, saying:
ERROR

Invalid Version

I'm using BNLS and CleanSlateBot.oxc.. please help :-[
March 3, 2004, 11:52 PM
Kp
Take out the MsgBox call. This will prevent you from receiving the error message, thus resolving the problem at hand.
March 4, 2004, 2:25 AM
Myndfyr
hehe

I got an invalid version error earlier, too. It wasn't in a message box though.

And I'm using my own bot API that I wrote from scratch in C#. Not CSB. =P

I haven't gotten it since, though, so it may just be isolated.
March 4, 2004, 10:59 PM
Kp
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=17;threadid=5575;start=0#msg47485 date=1078441144]I haven't gotten it since, though, so it may just be isolated.[/quote]

There's a known race condition in the battle.net versioning procedure that can cause a version check to fail. If it occurs only once, this is probably what transpired. The details:

To conserve processor resources, battle.net computes and caches a version check result for a few minutes at a time. When you connect, it sends you the current control string; you check the files and send the result back. The race condition lies in that there is no provision for the client's answer to be "valid" if the server changes the control string (and therefore the answer) before the client can respond. For example, if I tell you to compute n*m and give you an n and m, then I change my mind while you're thinking, I'd consider your answer "wrong" even though you multiplied the numbers I gave you and provided the correct solution to that problem. This is essentially what occurs with the version check race condition.
March 4, 2004, 11:09 PM
Soul Taker
I've been getting invalid version errors for about a month now. 80% or so of the times when I attempt to log on a bot that uses BNLS, the first time it fails, and the second time it logs on fine.
March 5, 2004, 5:54 AM
LoRd
I've had it happen a few times while hashing locally.
March 5, 2004, 6:39 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=ExaM link=board=17;threadid=5575;start=0#msg47325 date=1078357941]
I was messing around with my bot for like three hours, and when I ran it and tried to connect, I got an error message box, saying:
ERROR

Invalid Version

[/quote]
Probably because you're trying to use war3 which doesn't work in CSB?
March 5, 2004, 3:19 PM
SNiFFeR
[quote author=CrAz3D link=board=17;threadid=5575;start=0#msg47665 date=1078499984]
[/quote]

Uh if you use War3 & CSB, the program usually crashes.
March 5, 2004, 6:17 PM
Stealth
[quote author=SNiFFeR link=board=17;threadid=5575;start=0#msg47699 date=1078510632]
[quote author=CrAz3D link=board=17;threadid=5575;start=0#msg47665 date=1078499984]
[/quote]

Uh if you use War3 & CSB, the program usually crashes.
[/quote]

CSB crashes with runtime error 9.
March 6, 2004, 6:45 AM
CrAz3D
;D ::) I forgot, lol.
March 6, 2004, 3:03 PM
ChR0NiC
[quote author=ExaM link=board=17;threadid=5575;start=0#msg47325 date=1078357941]
ERROR

Invalid Version

[/quote]

Well, a way to find out the problem MIGHT BE (just suggesting), when you get disconnected, make a message box pop up and do something like

[code]
MsgBox CleanSlateBot1.Product & " Is What I am Using"
[/code]

So you can at least figure out what product it is trying to connect with, so you might be able to think more logically about the solution. Again..just a suggestion.
March 6, 2004, 7:43 PM
ExaM
Sorry I haven't been on in a long time... haven;t had a chance. Anyways I found out the problem incase anyone is interested it was the stupidest mistake. Apparently there's a special order the CSB has to go in... like setting the Username and Password, after I fixed it it work lol
March 10, 2004, 1:47 AM
Eli_1
[quote author=ExaM link=board=17;threadid=5575;start=0#msg48645 date=1078883253]
Sorry I haven't been on in a long time... haven;t had a chance. Anyways I found out the problem incase anyone is interested it was the stupidest mistake. Apparently there's a special order the CSB has to go in... like setting the Username and Password, after I fixed it it work lol
[/quote]
I'm not totally positive, but the only order I know of is that the .Accept has to be set first?
March 10, 2004, 9:49 PM

Search