Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Web Development | ASP.NET 2.0

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
Has anybody gotten ahold of Whidbey and played around with it at all? .NET 2.0 is available on the Longhorn Client Preview, but I haven't done much of anything on it -- in fact, I uninstalled it.

The Master Pages concept is looking really, really attractive right now... Finally a .NET platform that does a good job of skinning (something that I've seen attempted, but executed poorly). That is probably most exciting to me.

I also like the new custom login feature along with the ability to store profiles. It's probably not deep enough for me to stop using my custom login handlers, but close enough.

:)
March 3, 2004, 3:01 PM
peofeoknight
I have read about 2.0. I hope they clean up the output. It gets to be a pain to keep my markup clean... forget using valid xhtml with asp.net (its possible yes, but it can be a pain). Mainly its the type attributes for java script created by asp.net controls, if they would put them in, drop the name attribute, and target attribute in data grids, then allow me to fully disable the stupid view state which I do not use, life would be just awesome.
March 4, 2004, 11:01 PM

Search