Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Connecting public channel bot to private channels?

AuthorMessageTime
James
Hello. I got my bot to connect to public chat channels but I'm not sure what I need to do to get it to connect it to private channels. If you could help me out here or point me to a tutorial, thanks.   ;)
February 28, 2003, 7:37 PM
Coltz
Chat bots (which I assume you are using) can't go into private channels.  If you look in cuphead's forum he has written some tutorials that you can take a look at.
February 28, 2003, 7:48 PM
James
Well... I know you can make bots go into private channels if you make them binary, which is what I need to figure out how to do.

Oh and I'm not really looking for a mod to add to it like bg3, I think I might of given the impression that I downloaded the bot from somewhere. I made the bot in visual basic and I just need to figure out what to add//modify to it to make it binary where it can enter private channels.
February 28, 2003, 8:23 PM
FiReGoD
goto cupheads forum and read the thread
'Dont Hate Me' that will help you out
February 28, 2003, 8:40 PM
St0rm.iD
Good luck ;)
February 28, 2003, 8:55 PM
James
I have a question.. so my bot goes into pub channels.. so if i just add the slatebot.ocx to it thats what makes it go into private channels? Or, (binary) as it's called.
February 28, 2003, 9:07 PM
pileofcrap
you can try BG3 to let your bot enter private channels.
February 28, 2003, 9:14 PM
James
BG3 was ok but I don't prefer to work with it. Some people told me that it disconnected them alot. But I have no clue.
February 28, 2003, 9:16 PM
iago
A better answer would be this:

A binary bot is a bot that emulates a game protocol.  It imitates Starcraft, war2, diablo, etc. to log onto battle.net.  To make your bot into a binary bot, you have to figure out the protocol, which is no easy task, and use it.

I would NOT suggest using BNLS or CleanSlatebot.ocx or anything like that if you want to do it yourself, because then you're just using other peoples' code.  You'll find it's much more satisfying to figure it out yourself :D
February 28, 2003, 10:39 PM
pileofcrap
hehe ...... also the last time i used bg3 it got one of my keys muted. hah
February 28, 2003, 11:45 PM
haZe
Well...I don't mean to jump right to this but all the info you need can be found @ http://www.valhallalegends.com/arta/bnetdocs. That site holds ALL the information you need for a bot. Also, I reccomend completing a chat bot on your own, with your own code and everything, before starting out binary.

Hope this helps.
March 2, 2003, 8:32 AM

Search