Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | BNCS flag (?): need major BNCS tutoring

AuthorMessageTime
ExaM
I'm attempting to make my own bot, but I'/m having problems with it and was hoping someone could help me. I'm working on:

[code]
JoinedChannel(ChannelName, flags)
[/code]

Part of the bot, but i don't know how to use this, do I put anything where 'ChannelName, flags' is, or what do I put for flags? I'm trying to make the channel name display above the channel list, but I'm, having problem >.< could someone help me?

[Kp edit: corrected title to be reflective of poster's intent and status. Original title referenced BNLS, which is not at all relevant to the problem at hand.]
March 3, 2004, 2:18 PM
DaRk-FeAnOr
First, I would recommend that you learn a little more Visual Basic before attempting to make a bot. Try www.vbtutor.net. The code for joined channel should look something like:
[code]
Private sub JoinedChannel(Channelname as String, Flags as integer)
'code
channellist.text = channelname
end sub
[/code]
Channellist should be the textbox where you want the channel name displayed.

Are you using CleanSlateBot.ocx? Post a little more information about your problem to help us help you.
March 3, 2004, 6:35 PM
ExaM
Sorry, yes I am using CleanSlateBot.oxc, thanks for the info, I'll try it and modify this post.
March 3, 2004, 8:47 PM
ExaM
[quote author=DaRk-FeAnOr link=board=17;threadid=5558;start=0#msg47262 date=1078338949]
First, I would recommend that you learn a little more Visual Basic before attempting to make a bot. Try www.vbtutor.net. The code for joined channel should look something like:
[code]
Private sub JoinedChannel(Channelname as String, Flags as integer)
'code
channellist.text = channelname
end sub
[/code]
Channellist should be the textbox where you want the channel name displayed.

Are you using CleanSlateBot.ocx? Post a little more information about your problem to help us help you.
[/quote]

Thanks fo ryour help ;D this is what I did to get the channelname:

[code]
Private Sub CSB_JoinedChannel(ByVal ChannelName As String, ByVal flags As Long, SimulatedEvent As Boolean)
lblChannel.Caption = ChannelName
End Sub
[/code]

Thanks Dark Feanor for the help ;D
March 3, 2004, 9:01 PM
ExaM
Haha... real funny whoever changed the post name
March 6, 2004, 11:42 PM

Search