Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | [D2X] Kill People in Town

AuthorMessageTime
j0k3r
Don't know if this is new, old, or what but I just found out about it today and not many people seem to know about it.

I was standing in town today with my low level assassin watching two high levels duel, nothing happens so one leaves and comes back with a druid, the other leaves and comes back with a pally. So I stand by town to watch them duel with their two new characters, but the druid is standing in town casting oak sage at the edge of town while the pally is teleporting around (enigma) and letting his rogue merc shoot and kill the oak sage. I don't know why I didn't notice at first, but they were suddenly talking to me and being nice to me (as opposed to before, when they were content with yelling at me). Suddenly I noticed my assassin block something, while in town, so I run to the middle. I tell them what happened and they started yelling at me again and calling me crazy, so I got another character (old mule, had nothing) and came back to the game to let them do it again to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Anyways it turns out the whole time they were talking to me to get me to stand still, and they were exploiting some sort of bug.

What they were doing is this. One person had a rogue merc from a1, probably stuck a WF on it so it had some nice dmg, and the other person had oak sage, and would summon it on the edge of town. The rogue merc shoots at the oak sage, and the arrow passes through the oak sage and into town, hitting whoever else is in the way. Normally, any projectiles(anything really) will disappear once it hits the edge of town, but blizzard being the lazy people they are decided not to do it for a1 mercs. Anyways be careful when you're standing on the edge of town.
February 29, 2004, 3:18 AM
Archangel
[quote author=j0k3r link=board=3;threadid=5502;start=0#msg46637 date=1078024727]
Don't know if this is new, old, or what but I just found out about it today and not many people seem to know about it.

I was standing in town today with my low level assassin watching two high levels duel, nothing happens so one leaves and comes back with a druid, the other leaves and comes back with a pally. So I stand by town to watch them duel with their two new characters, but the druid is standing in town casting oak sage at the edge of town while the pally is teleporting around (enigma) and letting his rogue merc shoot and kill the oak sage. I don't know why I didn't notice at first, but they were suddenly talking to me and being nice to me (as opposed to before, when they were content with yelling at me). Suddenly I noticed my assassin block something, while in town, so I run to the middle. I tell them what happened and they started yelling at me again and calling me crazy, so I got another character (old mule, had nothing) and came back to the game to let them do it again to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Anyways it turns out the whole time they were talking to me to get me to stand still, and they were exploiting some sort of bug.

What they were doing is this. One person had a rogue merc from a1, probably stuck a WF on it so it had some nice dmg, and the other person had oak sage, and would summon it on the edge of town. The rogue merc shoots at the oak sage, and the arrow passes through the oak sage and into town, hitting whoever else is in the way. Normally, any projectiles(anything really) will disappear once it hits the edge of town, but blizzard being the lazy people they are decided not to do it for a1 mercs. Anyways be careful when you're standing on the edge of town.
[/quote]

lol, funny bug.
March 24, 2004, 3:12 AM
j0k3r
What's funny is that they still haven't fixed it.

What's not funny is losing a d2 hardcore char to it.
March 24, 2004, 3:25 AM
GoSuGaMING
ya.... hc is the only way that the bug would be effective..... did htey ban the glitch where u stand on the legs and then only melee can hit u?
March 24, 2004, 12:52 PM
Archangel
Well its funny for people that do it :) lol..
March 28, 2004, 5:17 AM

Search