Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Views of CS 1.6?

AuthorMessageTime
Tron
I'm mainly unsatisfied with it, I can't really get it to work because it gives me an error everytime trying to run Counter-Strike. It says "hl.exe has generated errors and will be shut down, please restart the program. An error log is being created." I've been trying to look for support too, except the server for www.steampowered.com is just... too popular! It gets so many hits it starts lagging. From all the lag some of the links stop working as well. The forums have been down lately, so I haven't been able to do that either. I'd say it's time for a better box!

But other than that, my friends say it's excellent. With the new guns and friends list as well. I've also heard about the targets being bigger, which I recall was on this forum too. My friends say they fixed that though but I doubt it ;)

Anyways, what are your opinions of it?
February 26, 2004, 10:07 AM
j0k3r
The hitboxes are a ton better than when it first came out, and steam blows. The quality has improved exponentially, but I have never used any of steams new features. Something that pisses me off is when you want to play CS you have to have multiple steam windows/programs open and then CS. The new guns are like downgraded ak47/colt, and look very much like the normal guns, with much worse aim and alot less power.

Something I'm enjoying right now is the dualies, they pumped up the accuracy and dmg of them, great fun.

As for the crashing, reinstall CS/HL/Steam until it works.

Steam blows dead dogs.
February 26, 2004, 12:39 PM
Probe
steam is fine, works perfect
February 26, 2004, 2:30 PM
MrRaza
same here, i've never had a problem with it, and it was only been down once since i installed it back in november.
February 26, 2004, 5:07 PM
GoSuGaMING
man condition zero is stupid DO NOT BUY IT TH ROUGH STEAM! they dont give u a cd only access to it within steam so if u get ur steam id banned... theres a waste of 29.99, your 10$ off!
March 22, 2004, 1:29 PM
j0k3r
[quote author=GoSuGaMING link=board=3;threadid=5462;start=0#msg50846 date=1079962191]
man condition zero is stupid DO NOT BUY IT TH ROUGH STEAM! they dont give u a cd only access to it within steam so if u get ur steam id banned... theres a waste of 29.99, your 10$ off!
[/quote]
Don't use hacks and you don't get banned, simple as that.
March 22, 2004, 2:15 PM
GoSuGaMING
true that... but you can get ur steam ID for other stuff cant you?
March 22, 2004, 10:12 PM
j0k3r
[quote author=GoSuGaMING link=board=3;threadid=5462;start=0#msg50973 date=1079993529]
true that... but you can get ur steam ID for other stuff cant you?
[/quote]
Read what you write, that sentence makes no sense. If it's going to save me money and means I don't have to go to the store I'd pay for that, assuming I'm getting it (no).
March 22, 2004, 10:42 PM
GoSuGaMING
but... you dont get the cd... you save a whole 10$ but at least u get the cd from the store...
March 23, 2004, 12:20 AM
j0k3r
[quote author=GoSuGaMING link=board=3;threadid=5462;start=0#msg51013 date=1080001201]
but... you dont get the cd... you save a whole 10$ but at least u get the cd from the store...
[/quote]
Without the "at least" that sentence would have made sense, once again please re-read your sentences.

Who cares about the damn CD? It's a piece of plastic worth like 30cents, if you've purchased the game you can burn it if you're really so damn obsessed. I would much rather just download games I want than to go out and buy them.
March 23, 2004, 12:55 AM
Naem
Argh. 1.6 is good... except...

Those goddamned hitboxes. Too many times I've awped someone straight in the chest as we're both STANDING STILL and the bullet goes right through him. What the hell? It happens with every gun too, it's so sad.

A couple days ago I was spectating a guy who was aiming in the CENTER of an AFK guy's head from about a foot away, with a glock. He shot about 11 shots and on the last one it registered as a headshot.

Examples (right click, save as):

http://bespin.org/~phrozen/head.avi
http://bespin.org/~phrozen/hitboxes.avi
March 23, 2004, 4:36 AM
GoSuGaMING
no but thats the thing u can not burn it.. all they do is enable you to access the game... you dont download it... ( so i hear)
March 23, 2004, 12:16 PM
j0k3r
[quote author=GoSuGaMING link=board=3;threadid=5462;start=0#msg51112 date=1080044176]
no but thats the thing u can not burn it.. all they do is enable you to access the game... you dont download it... ( so i hear)
[/quote]
Actually, it streams in in the background while you play, you get a pop up with the recent update telling you.

The hitboxes are fixed, I don't know what you're complaining about I've not seen it happen to me or anybody I play with in months.
March 24, 2004, 2:59 AM
GoSuGaMING
ah i bought it to see what it was like cuz my friend said it was awesome... they send u all the stuff int he mail they just enable the game so you can play then and not have to wait for the game to get to your house, sorry about the last posts about it :( <---- feels like a jackass
March 24, 2004, 12:55 PM

Search