Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Perfect Bot?

AuthorMessageTime
PaiD
What do you think would make a "Perfect Bot"
Name the features/commands,anything
March 1, 2003, 8:49 PM
Yoni
That highly depends on the purpose of the bot.

Channel moderation?
Chatting?
Malicious intent (spamming a channel or similar)?
Other uncommon purposes (wordgame/trivia or other games, dictionary/lyric/dns lookup, AI, etc.)?

Completely different ideas of "perfect" features on different types of bots.
March 1, 2003, 8:59 PM
PaiD
Channel moderation/Chating bot
March 1, 2003, 9:30 PM
haZe
In game features, the ADMORST flag feats, chewbacca interface. :p
March 2, 2003, 8:34 AM
Atom
there is no point at all in having in game features
that goes double for a channel moderation bot
and what do you mean by chewbacca interface?
if you mean gui... hrmmm i wont laugh
March 2, 2003, 12:01 PM
tA-Kane
"Perfect" is such a generic term, even when you limit its use to certain categories of "perfect".

The biggest feature I like in a bot is expandability through either plugins or commands (or both).

If you've got a well-expandable bot, then your bot has the potential to be perfect with whatever you expand it with, whether it be moderation abilities, malicious features, games, lookups, artificial intelligence, mail, interprotocol communication (telnet<->battle.net<->IRC<->etc), MP3 player interfacing, file reading, file editing, website display, game "altering", etc etc etc, on and on.

A well-expandable bot will have little (if any) static code (eg, you could override the default connection sequence, or completely replace the bot's commands, without needing to do a recompile).
March 3, 2003, 1:16 AM
St0rm.iD
That, and a few other things.

Stability, security, and an open-ended plugin system, with a scripting plugin shipped with it.
March 3, 2003, 11:30 PM
tA-Kane
[quote]Stability, security[/quote]
Yes. Good things. But the security needs to be customizeable. So, security should be put in as a plugin, so the user can fully customize it.

[quote]an open-ended plugin system, with a scripting plugin shipped with it.[/quote]
That all goes into expandability!
March 4, 2003, 4:49 AM
haZe
As long as you can make your own plugins, I'm happy. :P
March 4, 2003, 5:05 AM

Search