Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Anyone have a BNLS Login Sequence That i can Look at?

AuthorMessageTime
BaDDBLooD
I Know VB in general, like i make "Non" Internet based VB Applications. But i haven't used winsock's.

Bnls sounds pretty cool in my mind, and instead of looking for a bot source code as kp put it:

You look at the source code to bot Z. This bot was written by someone who looked at the source code for bot Y and ripped out certain parts of code from bot Y without fully comprehending them. Incidentally, author of bot Y probably did the same from bot X. Result: you have half-assed poorly written code which was copied and pasted several times to "learn from." You don't understand it, but it seems to work so you copy it into your bot.

The step that usually follows this one is to post questions like "This code doesnt work whats wrong" on this forum.

So i was hoping to get a Connection to a battle.net server, ( Preferably bnls - cause i like it so much, and it's so flexibile. ), that someone on these forum's has made, and not a "half-assed poorly written code which was copied and pasted several times to 'learn from' bot" because most people on these forum's aren't complete moron's.

Thanks for your help Valhalla Legends Staff Members, and people who browse this forum.

**EDIT: Preferably with a few comments, also i use Visual Basic 6.0

*** EDIT #2: You can Email me it if you want it private. Or you can send me it on aim @ Help me if i need it. ( Recomended )
February 25, 2004, 1:18 AM
Null
So what your saying is you would like a well written source to copy and paste from , well i guess that makes sense
February 25, 2004, 1:23 AM
BaDDBLooD
i have no intention on using any code i aquire in this forum for a bot, unless the person who supplied it says i can. All i wanted was a source that i could Learn off of, that wasn't hacked together off of 20 different bots.
February 25, 2004, 1:25 AM
o.OV
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=board=17;threadid=5442;start=0#msg45887 date=1077672319]
i have no intention on using any code i aquire in this forum for a bot, unless the person who supplied it says i can. All i wanted was a source that i could Learn off of, that wasn't hacked together off of 20 different bots.
[/quote]

A login sequence is JUST a login sequence.
How you get the connection made doesn't determine if you are a code thief.
A connection is just another simulation of a game client login.
Every bot has to simulate this to login..
Unless you are TAHC.
February 25, 2004, 1:46 AM
BaDDBLooD
i'm sure you understand what i'm getting at..
February 25, 2004, 1:57 AM
Kp
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=board=17;threadid=5442;start=0#msg45885 date=1077671914]
Bnls sounds pretty cool in my mind, and instead of looking for a bot source code as kp put it:

You look at the source code to bot Z. This bot was written by someone who looked at the source code for bot Y and ripped out certain parts of code from bot Y without fully comprehending them. Incidentally, author of bot Y probably did the same from bot X. Result: you have half-assed poorly written code which was copied and pasted several times to "learn from." You don't understand it, but it seems to work so you copy it into your bot.[/quote]

I'm not the one who said that.
February 25, 2004, 3:04 AM
BaDDBLooD
woops, my mistake KP, IT was the account "K".
February 25, 2004, 3:06 AM
LoRd
http://www.valhallalegends.com/yoni/BNLSProtocolSpec.txt

That should be all you need, if not, CleanSlateBot is always there for you.
February 25, 2004, 6:02 AM
BaDDBLooD
Excuse me lord, thank you for the help. a friend of mine said i need a "Packet Buffer" Class module, and where can i get Documentation on all the BNET Packets?

Would more appreciate a "Login Sequence, that is 'comented'"

February 25, 2004, 9:34 PM
LoRd
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=board=17;threadid=5442;start=0#msg46018 date=1077744860]
Excuse me lord, thank you for the help. a friend of mine said i need a "Packet Buffer" Class module, and where can i get Documentation on all the BNET Packets?

Would more appreciate a "Login Sequence, that is 'comented'"
[/quote]

http://botdev.valhallalegends.com
http://bnetdocs.valhallalegends.com
February 25, 2004, 9:40 PM
o.OV
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=board=17;threadid=5442;start=0#msg46018 date=1077744860]
a friend of mine said i need a "Packet Buffer" Class module
[/quote]

A ready to use packet buffer class isn't required..
but it does make it a whole lot easier for many.
February 26, 2004, 2:50 AM
BaDDBLooD
woah, am getting confused here...

That bnetdoc's website is a little overmy head!

token's and stuff .. woah!

This is why i was looking for a "login Sequence" That had comments!

Could someone explain to me some Basic Parts like what a token is, and any other things that "most" people ask questions about!
February 26, 2004, 3:33 AM
LoRd
[quote]Could someone explain to me some Basic Parts like what a token is, and any other things that "most" people ask questions about!
[/quote]
BnetDocs explains pretty much what everything is.

[quote]
This is why i was looking for a "login Sequence" That had comments!
[/quote]
If you're not willing to do the harder work, don't do any work at all.
Most people here are willing to put forth the effort to help others learn, but not to help others copy.

Btw, o.OV:
[quote]
Unless you are TAHC.
[/quote]
There is no client called "TAHC". "TAHC" is actually just the DWORD form of "CHAT".

[quote]
[/quote]
What if you copy the code without the original coders consent and/or without crediting the original coder?
What if somehow you illegally obtained the code?
In my opinion, that would be code theft.

[quote]
[/quote]
So if I made a connection to http://www.battle.net, my bot would have to simulate the gaming client I used to get there?!
February 26, 2004, 3:42 AM
o.OV
[quote author=LoRd[nK] link=board=17;threadid=5442;start=0#msg46088 date=1077766957]
Btw, o.OV:
[quote]
Unless you are TAHC.
[/quote]
There is no client called "TAHC". "TAHC" is actually just the DWORD form of "CHAT".
[/quote]
I say TAHC because if I say CHAT
he may misinterprete and think CHAT CLIENT instead..
(AIM/MSN/IRC/etc..)
I didn't want any mixups.

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]
What if you copy the code without the original coders consent and/or without crediting the original coder?
[/quote]
I agree.
And my point still stands.

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]
So if I made a connection to http://www.battle.net, my bot would have to simulate the gaming client I used to get there?!
[/quote]
No.
If I were you..
I would use a Web Browser to get there.
February 26, 2004, 10:24 AM
LoRd
[quote]
Quote:
Quote:

I agree.
And my point still stands.
[/quote]
What point? You said "How you get the connection made doesn't determine if you are a code thief."

[quote]
I say TAHC because if I say CHAT
he may misinterprete and think CHAT CLIENT instead..
[/quote]
Weather or not he may not understand, you're trying to talk about something that doesn't exist.

[quote]
Quote:
Quote:

No.
If I were you..
I would use a Web Browser to get there.
[/quote]
Then learn to fix your wording, and a web browser is not required to look up a webpage.

Bleh, I'm done with you, you're just far too annoying to deal with.
February 26, 2004, 5:47 PM
BaDDBLooD
i never wanted to copy anyone lord.

i just wanted a "Basic" demonstration of how a Login Sequence works through BNLS, it doesn't even have to be working if the person who made it didn't want it to! I just wanting to look at a code that wasn't "hashed" together by a bunch of people.

I am willing to do the work, i just need some guidelines to help me. Yes, BNETDOC's does help some people, but it's not the kind of Thing that i need right now.

STOP ARGUEING IN MY POST, SHEESH!
February 26, 2004, 9:31 PM
LoRd
[quote]
I am willing to do the work, i just need some guidelines to help me.
[/quote]
You've been given various links on where to find complete documentation on every BNLS packet.
February 26, 2004, 9:34 PM
BaDDBLooD
you are so fucking stubborn.

Can't you see i don't understand bnetdoc's, i just wanted a little demo on Sending recieving bnet packets through vb, maybe Some comments on parts of it, maybe even a partial login sequence. You have to make me feel stupid that i can't understand bnetdoc's to your Level. I Have ( NEVER ) Used a WINSOCK Before, EVER!
February 26, 2004, 11:08 PM
LoRd
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=board=17;threadid=5442;start=15#msg46214 date=1077836926]
you are so fucking stubborn.

Can't you see i don't understand bnetdoc's, i just wanted a little demo on Sending recieving bnet packets through vb, maybe Some comments on parts of it, maybe even a partial login sequence. You have to make me feel stupid that i can't understand bnetdoc's to your Level. I Have ( NEVER ) Used a WINSOCK Before, EVER!
[/quote]

Then you probably shouldn't be trying to program something as complicated as a Battle.net Binary Bot.
However, there is a simple solution for this, it's called CleanSlateBot. Personally, I'm not a fan of CleanSlateBot, so if I were you, I'd study up on socket programming, ie: Binding, Sending, Receiving, ect., which will eventually help you learn to create a binary bot all on your own, or possibly just with the help of BNLS.
If you don't wish to do either, you're sadly out of luck. :(
February 26, 2004, 11:14 PM
BaDDBLooD
Ok, no offense but your a fucking moron.

YOu tell me to study on my socket programming, binding, sending, recieving packets.

Ya don't give me any links, nothing.

WHAT I WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS A DEMO ON SENDING AND RECIEVING PACKETS SO I COULD LEARN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 26, 2004, 11:31 PM
LoRd
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=board=17;threadid=5442;start=15#msg46219 date=1077838284]
Ok, no offense but your a fucking moron.

YOu tell me to study on my socket programming, binding, sending, recieving packets.

Ya don't give me any links, nothing.

WHAT I WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS A DEMO ON SENDING AND RECIEVING PACKETS SO I COULD LEARN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Insulting me will get you nowhere, except down a point in karma.

[quote]
DEMO ON SENDING AND RECIEVING PACKETS
[/quote]
In other words you wanted the source code to connect to Battle.net. A source code to a program is a valuable piece of information, no one here knows if all you want to do is learn from it, or just copy it, which is why I suggest learning about sockets. As for where to find information on them, you can always try http://pscode.com, and http://google.com.
Now, I have been very patient with trying to help you here, if you continue being hostile with me, I'll be done with you.
February 26, 2004, 11:41 PM
BaDDBLooD
sorry for being Hostile, and thanks for your help.

I in no way intend on stealing anyone's source Code

i just want a "Login Sequence" WHatever you would like to call it, using BNLS.

It doesn't even have to "Work". I Just want to use it as a Demo.
February 26, 2004, 11:48 PM
LoRd
[quote author=o.OV link=board=17;threadid=5442;start=15#msg46237 date=1077842032]
[quote]
What point? You said "How you get the connection made doesn't determine if you are a code thief."
[/quote]
I said "How".
You stated a scenario and I agreed to it.
Reminder.. it IS A SCENARIO.
Meaning.. it isn't always the case.

[quote]
Weather or not he may not understand, you're trying to talk about something that doesn't exist.
[/quote]
You understood something that doesn't exist?

[quote]
Then learn to fix your wording ..
[/quote]
My wording is fine..
Anyone else who read this thread
would have known what I was talking about
when I said "connection"

[quote]
.. and a web browser is not required to look up a webpage.
[/quote]
Did I say it was required?
I said if I were you I would use a web browser.
Heck.. If you want to use telnet instead..
Go for it =)
[/quote]

Just continue thinking you're always right.
February 27, 2004, 12:51 AM
Myndfyr
Lord... to be honest, you've been an ass.

Baddblood: you'll find that in general, you will not get free help here. What you will often get is directions to look for concepts -- as people have suggested Sockets programming -- and they will tell you to look on your own. Most often, this is a key phrase to look on Google.

I did a quick search on Google for "Visual Basic WinSock Control," and the first site I found is pretty nice:

http://www.vbip.com/winsock/index.asp

Also, look around Botdev for information on the PacketBuffer class; if you're using VB, I believe DarkMinion wrote it. I have a C# implementation.

You need to be able to understand that basics of how data is stored in memory, how said data is accessed, how it is represented, etc. Actually, I'm not certain that you need that for VB; I had to know it fairly well working on the bot in C#, but that's just me.

When I get a chance I'll IM you on AIM and we'll talk a bit more about it.
February 27, 2004, 12:58 AM
Newby
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=17;threadid=5442;start=15#msg46241 date=1077843538]
Lord... to be honest, you've been an ass.[/quote]

Don't forget what Lord said:

[QUOTE]Insulting me will get you nowhere, except down a point in karma.[/QUOTE]

:P
February 27, 2004, 1:00 AM
BaDDBLooD
thanks myndfire.
February 27, 2004, 1:11 AM
LoRd
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=17;threadid=5442;start=15#msg46241 date=1077843538]
Lord... to be honest, you've been an ass.

Baddblood: you'll find that in general, you will not get free help here. What you will often get is directions to look for concepts -- as people have suggested Sockets programming -- and they will tell you to look on your own. Most often, this is a key phrase to look on Google.

I did a quick search on Google for "Visual Basic WinSock Control," and the first site I found is pretty nice:

http://www.vbip.com/winsock/index.asp

Also, look around Botdev for information on the PacketBuffer class; if you're using VB, I believe DarkMinion wrote it. I have a C# implementation.

You need to be able to understand that basics of how data is stored in memory, how said data is accessed, how it is represented, etc. Actually, I'm not certain that you need that for VB; I had to know it fairly well working on the bot in C#, but that's just me.

When I get a chance I'll IM you on AIM and we'll talk a bit more about it.
[/quote]

Pretty much all you did is sum up the information I have already given him, he can't get "free" help, he needs to do the work on his own. If that's being an ass, so be it.
February 27, 2004, 1:13 AM
BaDDBLooD
ok lord, your head is pretty think now isn't it.

He actually Tried to "EXPLAIN" what he was talking about, and he offered to help me. I would say that's more than you did?
February 27, 2004, 1:25 AM
LoRd
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=board=17;threadid=5442;start=15#msg46248 date=1077845108]
ok lord, your head is pretty think now isn't it.

He actually Tried to "EXPLAIN" what he was talking about, and he offered to help me. I would say that's more than you did?
[/quote]

Find one post where I didn't try to explain to you what to ask and/or what to look for.
February 27, 2004, 1:29 AM
BaDDBLooD
i wish it was Commented..
February 27, 2004, 2:36 AM
o.OV
[quote]

[quote]
[/quote]
I said "How".
You stated a scenario and I agreed to it.
Reminder.. it IS A SCENARIO.
Meaning.. it isn't always the case.

[quote]
[/quote]
You understood something that doesn't exist?

[quote]
Then learn to fix your wording ..
[/quote]
My wording is fine..
Anyone else who read this thread
would have known what I was talking about
when I said "connection"

[quote]
.. and a web browser is not required to look up a webpage.
[/quote]
Did I say it was required?
I said if I were you I would use a web browser.
Heck.. If you want to use telnet instead..
Go for it =)
[/quote]

Strange.. I don't recall removing that post.

[quote]
Just continue thinking you're always right.
[/quote]
o_o
So now you think you can read minds..
What part of what I said was wrong?
February 27, 2004, 3:58 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Gangz link=board=17;threadid=5442;start=15#msg46256 date=1077848076]
Nice this post has become a bunch of people flaming each other.... You guys must have a lot of free time. Baddblood try downloading soup bot source code. I learned alot off of it. It has almost everything you would ever need from BNLS Logins, all packets are proccessed and its pretty well layed out. If you cant find it try www.sacred-soldiers.com or cold-chaos.net or another site like one of them. I hope this helps
[/quote]

For me, I did manage to get part of the connection algorithm from SoupBot, which basically involved me manually tracing through the path of execution of what *should* happen. Unfortunately, SoupBot branches in a certain location.

After I decided it would be fruitless, I read through the BNLS Protocol Spec's description of 0x50 through 0x58.... Combining that with packetlogging got me off to a decent start. =)
February 27, 2004, 4:10 AM
Arta
Enough.
February 27, 2004, 5:43 PM

Search