Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | bot hangups

AuthorMessageTime
botmaster
has anyone else run it to problems like this?

1. bot does not always connect have to close the program and open it a bunch to get it working
2. gets stuck on Length of password hash is 28?

i am using bnetauth.dll too

February 23, 2004, 3:56 AM
Kp
No, I've never run into either of those problems. On the rare occasions the bot's connection does not establish, either the server is down or I've made some minor tweak to the core netloop that completely ruined the logic. The latter is made obvious by the obscene amounts of system time consumed. In no case have I ever observed a program which required more than one restart to function properly (unless the program sucked horribly). :P
February 23, 2004, 4:43 AM
DaRk-FeAnOr
[quote]1. bot does not always connect have to close the program and open it a bunch to get it working[/quote]
My connections have been known to hang :(
For some reason, I only get that problem in Visual Basic 6 though. My C# bot never hangs.
February 23, 2004, 1:59 PM
Zakath
Just to check, you do have processing for handling multiple packets received at once, right? If you don't, you'll occasionally find that the connection just stops going anywhere because you miss a packet.
February 23, 2004, 8:26 PM
MrRaza
I'm sure Zakbot does, which i use. But today it seemed to only stay connected for an average of 5 mins, after awhile i just stopped logging on, and my connection was up and running.
February 23, 2004, 11:07 PM
FuzZ
My bot hangs up after logon sometimes where you receive "Welcome to battle.net" broadcast. But, only when I'm downloading something (i'm on 56k), otherwise it connects with about a 1s before the broadcast.

I'm not sure why it does this but it does ;\
February 24, 2004, 6:03 PM

Search