Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | BNLS Help

AuthorMessageTime
SaNcTuM
Ok I feel stupid for asking this, and am probably going to get insulted A LOT for this.. but I'm so lost... I found CupHeads tutorial on how to make a bot with BNLS, Yoni made me an account after I asked (thanks Yoni!) I copied the connect source he had put on the tutorial as an example and changed it. Oh yeah, and I added the CSB Component in VB... clicked connect... and it never connected :( I'll post my source... could someone PLEASE help me :(

[code]
Private Sub Form_Load()
CleanSlateBot1.BNLSBotID = "******"
CleanSlateBot1.BNLSBotPassword = "******"
CleanSlateBot1.CDKey = "******"
CleanSlateBot1.Product = "PXES"
CleanSlateBot1.HomeChannel = "oP ExaM"
CleanSlateBot1.Password = "******"
CleanSlateBot1.Username = "ExaM"
CleanSlateBot1.Server = "useast.battle.net"
CleanSlateBot1.Accept = -65
End Sub

Private Sub mnuConnect_Click()
CleanSlateBot1.Connect
End Sub

Private Sub mnuExit_Click()
Unload Me
End Sub
[/code]

And yes, the '*' arenot what I put, I filled them in... and I have the CSB component on the form (think i already said that...) but as far as I can see I dont see anything wrong :(
February 23, 2004, 12:14 AM
HaTeN
Ok On the CSB Do this:
Private Sub mnuConnect_Click()
AddChat "Attempting Connection To Battle.Net " & vbNewLine, vbYellow
Values For Your Variables

CleanSlateBot1.BNLSBotID = ""
CleanSlateBot1.BNLSBotPassword = ""
CleanSlateBot1.CDKey =
CleanSlateBot1.Product =
CleanSlateBot1.HomeChannel =
CleanSlateBot1.Password =
CleanSlateBot1.Username =
CleanSlateBot1.ChangePassword = False
CleanSlateBot1.Server =
CleanSlateBot1.Accept = 579728

CleanSlateBot1.Connect
End Sub
February 23, 2004, 12:16 AM
SaNcTuM
Ok, do you have AIM?

Ok... I changed the Access to what you said still no progress :-/
February 23, 2004, 12:19 AM
PaiD
Wow........ Someone who can`t make a bot using csb.
February 23, 2004, 1:03 AM
Adron
[quote author=MoNeY link=board=31;threadid=5406;start=0#msg45540 date=1077498200]
Wow........ Someone who can`t make a bot using csb.
[/quote]

[quote]
<[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!
[/quote]

[quote]
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
[/quote]
February 23, 2004, 1:30 AM
SaNcTuM
Yeah funny but I forgot to reply, thanks for the insults I knew it had to come soon, is was the Accept and I got it to work so shut the fuck up.

EDIT: You guys act like it's a big deal, sorry who could I possibly have known it changed, it was wrong or how to find it. Think of the first time you made a bot or something, yes, someone had to help you I highly doubt you thought to yourself "I bet the access is.... 579728" I bet half of you used a separate screenname in fear of being made fun of, or ripped some kids bot, so don't sit here and be such a dick. It proves one thing, you have less of a life than I do if you truly sit here hacking away at useless files to find shit out, don't bitch. You all mostlikely used the same tutorial I did, and had to ask someone what the new accept code was. Stop sitting here "flamming" others, you're not "L33t" and for heavens-sake, does anyone speak REAL English and not some 'hacker language because you think you're cool for making a hack, loading or flooding a channel you all have forgotten one thing, it's just a game, it's just a bot. You all remind me of ganstas' acting all tuff, we all know everyone (or 75%) of the people here have glasses and laugh when someone has a crappy computer, come on we're all geeks (some more than others).
February 23, 2004, 6:52 PM
Adron
Yes, we're all geeks, but geeks need to smile too. Besides, you'd already gotten your help, so you shouldn't complain. Some people get laughed at and nothing else. I'm pretty sure the correct accept value was posted on this forum within the last three months too.
February 23, 2004, 7:19 PM
Stealth
[quote author=SaNcTuM link=board=31;threadid=5406;start=0#msg45604 date=1077562365]
Stop sitting here "flamming" others, you're not "L33t" and for heavens-sake, does anyone speak REAL English and not some 'hacker language because you think you're cool for making a hack, loading or flooding a channel you all have forgotten one thing, it's just a game, it's just a bot. You all remind me of ganstas' acting all tuff
[/quote]

What you just posted is a flame. Stop flaming* others, please.

Actually, most of the regulars on this forum speak 'REAL' English. People who don't are generally ridiculed until they change their ways.

It's entirely possible to make a CSB-using bot without CupHead's tutorial. I did it using only the readme documentation available to me at the time.
February 23, 2004, 7:57 PM
Grok
[quote author=Stealth link=board=31;threadid=5406;start=0#msg45615 date=1077566271]
It's entirely possible to make a CSB-using bot without CupHead's tutorial. I did it using only the readme documentation available to me at the time.
[/quote]

It might be helpful to certain people if you wrote a tutorial on how to use CupHead's tutorial.

:p
February 23, 2004, 8:07 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
It would be nice to see but i acheived it on my own. The first good program i built and it feels great.
February 23, 2004, 8:20 PM
DaRk-FeAnOr
Is it just me, or was "Sanctum" the only person to really flame anybody on this thread. The responses that he recieved are hardly insults.
February 23, 2004, 8:27 PM
Kp
[quote author=SaNcTuM link=board=31;threadid=5406;start=0#msg45604 date=1077562365]EDIT: You guys act like it's a big deal, sorry who could I possibly have known it changed, it was wrong or how to find it. Think of the first time you made a bot or something, yes, someone had to help you I highly doubt you thought to yourself "I bet the access is.... 579728"[/quote]

You could have guessed it changed when you stepped through the program with a debugger and it panicked upon checking the Accept value. You could have determined the correct Accept value by examination of that same code, or by repeated-trial and error (fewer than 600000 tries would be necessary to succeed, assuming you start at zero and proceed upward in order). You could have added debug prints to your code to see what (if any) subroutines were being called in response to your Connect call.

The first time I made a bot, I didn't think that -- because there was no Accept value. I had to master the network parsing code in entirety and adapt it to the rest of my code, then graft other features in on top of it. Many of the people you're flaming are from a time before CSB even existed, so they've done much more work to make their applications work than it took you just to get as far as you have.

[quote author=DaRk-FeAnOr link=board=31;threadid=5406;start=0#msg45624 date=1077568044]Is it just me, or was "Sanctum" the only person to really flame anybody on this thread. The responses that he recieved are hardly insults. [/quote]

Well, Adron's quoting me + common idioms could qualify, I suppose.

[Edit: fixed typo in quote tag.]
February 24, 2004, 8:56 PM
Adron
[quote author=Kp link=board=31;threadid=5406;start=0#msg45790 date=1077656218]
[quote author=DaRk-FeAnOr link=board=31;threadid=5406;start=0#msg45624 date=1077568044]Is it just me, or was "Sanctum" the only person to really flame anybody on this thread. The responses that he recieved are hardly insults. [/quote]

Well, Adron's quoting me + common idioms could qualify, I suppose.
[/quote]

Ridiculing someone is equivalent to flaming them? They seem like opposites to me...
February 24, 2004, 10:00 PM
SaNcTuM
Yeah I'm claim now lol.. but still people don't have be such dicks about someone asking for assistence. People have asked me how to use BNLS so I'm not the only one, and what did I do? Told them what I knew considering since I got some help I might as well pass it on. Wow my good deed for the week is done. But next time I should just laugh at them, saying 'I found out you should too!' and then throw in a couple '...yeah it would be easy to find this out...' then go into a 10 page report on how to find info out. It'll be fun. And Stealth sorry not everyone is as good at making bots as you are. People seem to forget that not everyone has taken a class, or have books on VB. You could go to my gay school where 'computer programming' is C++ for a semester than JavaScript. And to my knowledge, it's impossible to make a bot in JavaScript. Which brings me to my next point, how was I suppose to know? There's no tutorial that I've found yet to help me. And as most of you will say, read a tutorial by a book. Bad thing is A.) No money B.) Reading a tutorial for five hours and making worthless programs like a calculator just aren't appealing to me, so unless someone here has an 'awesome' tutorial that would be worth someones time to read, this is my last post.

P.S. I find it funny, when you ask for help, barely anyone replys, but be a dick and everyone starts to post... kind of ironic that being a dick gets more attention than asking. (As the person I'm reffering to as a dick would be me, just to clarify so 60 more people don't jump in this thread)
February 25, 2004, 1:42 AM
o.OV
You got a reply pretty fast Sanctum.
Two minutes?

[quote]
Ok I feel stupid for asking this, and am probably going to get insulted A LOT for this.. but I'm so lost...
[/quote]

You knew someone was gonna poke fun at you..
Did you start this thread ready to lash out
at anyone who finds it funny?

I'm sure at least half of the posters
on this thread are/were willing to help
if you had any major difficulties
getting CSB to work..
even if they did find it funny.
February 25, 2004, 5:14 AM
Imperceptus
Shouldnt this be on the Bot Dev Forum?
February 26, 2004, 3:25 PM

Search