Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Triviabot

AuthorMessageTime
ioSys
Today i saw something nice in channel "Starcraft SWE-1" on "Europe" gateway. It was "Trivia-Bot" a bot that asked questions, gave hints and let the people in the channel try to guess the correct answear. When one quessed right his score was increased by one. One of the guys had 607 points... :) If people didnt come up with the right answear in a couple of seconds it gave a hint to help poeople guess it.

Now to the thing. How does this bot work? There is such a bot for mIRC (TriviaBot).
February 18, 2004, 11:39 PM
ioSys
Now I have figured out how it works.
February 19, 2004, 9:15 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=ioSys link=board=5;threadid=5356;start=0#msg45014 date=1077182156]
Now I have figured out how it works.
[/quote]

Bravo. I was afraid to make any suggestions, for it seemed very complicated and likely too much for my meager programming experience.
February 20, 2004, 1:07 AM
Tuberload
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=5;threadid=5356;start=0#msg45111 date=1077239263]
Bravo. I was afraid to make any suggestions, for it seemed very complicated and likely too much for my meager programming experience.
[/quote]

I think you are a competent programmer from reading your past replies, but I do not understand why you post these type of replies. The sad truth is this forum (world) contains a lot of newbies, so why even worry about it.
February 20, 2004, 7:56 AM
K
[quote author=Tuberload link=board=5;threadid=5356;start=0#msg45137 date=1077263776]
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=5;threadid=5356;start=0#msg45111 date=1077239263]
[/quote]

I think you are a competent programmer from reading your past replies, but I do not understand why you post these type of replies. The sad truth is this forum (world) contains a lot of newbies, so why even worry about it.
[/quote]

What Myndfyre is saying (with heavy sarcasm) is that he didn't post for the same reason I didn't post -- the question seemed to rediculously broad.

Without psychic powers or access to the author's source code, we have no idea how exactly it was implemented; the best answer anyone could have given would have been exactly what he posted in the question - a description of how the bot functions.

In addition, the "TrivaBot" concept is present on probably every chat network that people program bots for; it's one of the most simple designs.
February 20, 2004, 7:43 PM
Tuberload
[heavy]Thank you for your excellent explanation of his post. ;D[sarcasm]

I understand why he replied, and have talked to him about it outside of this thread. My point was this: these forums are filled with similar posts, so why bother. It's a never-ending battle.
February 20, 2004, 8:11 PM
Maddox
I had one up a few months ago. I used MoonShine's BNET/IRC packet converter with TriviaBot and then added code to remove color formatting to outgoing text. If you want to see it in action, message me.
February 21, 2004, 6:18 AM
ioSys
funny answears. I dont think i will add anything of value by answearing them but it was fun to read them though.
February 21, 2004, 12:21 PM
ioSys
the reason I posted this was to let other people get the idea for how the program works who enjoyed me and many else in the channel on battle.net. Some moments after i posted it i realized how simple it was to make such a thing BUT did not delete the post because others may want to discuss about such a program.
February 21, 2004, 12:30 PM
dRAgoN
there is normaly one in Public Chat 1 on useast aswell.
February 22, 2004, 9:39 AM
Myndfyr
Anybody want to come up with lame puns about this idea?

How about saying it's a "trivial pursuit?" har de har har....
February 24, 2004, 3:15 AM

Search