Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | SCO = Dumbass

AuthorMessageTime
Thing
Ahh ... it's a classic game of Axis (SCO) and Allies (IBM, Novell).
Novell is pounding SCO over it's swollen head with a big, legal bat and SCO has yet to comment on the latest blow.

A very brief summary: SCO claims that IBM stole code from their copyrighted work (System V) and put it in some Linux code. Novell claims that they (SCO) don't own the copyright because Novell does. Novell gave SCO an ultimatum to prove that SCO own the code. SCO never responded and Novell has filed a motion to dismiss. How clever of them. :)

I sometimes think that SCO has split peronalitites when I read this:
[quote]They also land a blow SCO left themselves open to. SCO admits, they point out, that they are not the copyright owners in the very relief they ask the court to grant them: namely, they ask that the Court issue an injunction "requiring Novell to assign to SCO any and all copyrights Novell has registered in UNIX and UnixWare." You can't ask for copyrights to be assigned to you if you already have them, can you? If you don't already have them, you can't scream slander of title if the person you want to assign them to you says they own them. Duh. Some things are just obvious. How could SCO not notice that the relief they were asking for undermines their claim?[/quote]

Pamela Jones is a pralegal who has been keeping up with the flow of SCO's shenannigans.
You can visit her site at http://www.groklaw.net/ to get more info.

If you or anyone you know owns SCO stock, sell it now while you can still get a buck from it.
http://www.forbes.com/finance/mktguideapps/compinfo/CompanyTearsheet.jhtml?tkr=SCOX
February 13, 2004, 3:11 PM
Thing
I see from the deleted posts in this thread that you are all just itch gooey over this whole topic.

"...What leaps off the page, to me, is that they seem to be gearing up to sue end users soon, and they are expecting serious backlash from their DMCA strategy."

I hope the SCO Police come knockin on my door. Click click boom boom.
February 17, 2004, 3:32 AM
Kp
[quote author=Thing link=board=2;threadid=5270;start=0#msg44688 date=1076988757]I see from the deleted posts in this thread that you are all just itch gooey over this whole topic.[/quote]

Some administrator or moderator split/deleted all those replies. I know I had a reply in this thread and it is obviously no longer here. I did not remove it, so it must have been consumed in some massive moderation.
February 17, 2004, 5:14 AM

Search