Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | VB Chat Code

AuthorMessageTime
Grok
Someone deleted a post before I could reply .. the request was for VB chat code to get started.

This is pretty old, but has a couple very good functions in it.

http://www.valhallalegends.com/pub/vbchat.zip

DispatchMessage demonstrates an elegant way to parse battle.net messages and raise VB events to a subscriber.
March 10, 2003, 12:48 PM
Grok
Yes it's old code that was in the middle of a change when I stopped development.

Fix it.
March 10, 2003, 10:20 PM
Noodlez
neat... i have a binary bot coded in the exact same way, using classes and i have a function to dispatch packets accordingly

but thats because your original chatbot post inspired me to use classes 'n stuff  :P
March 10, 2003, 10:30 PM
Camel
[quote]Woopdy fucking doo.[/quote]
why do people bother posting crap like this? furthermore, why aren't they banned and, preferably, shot for it?
March 12, 2003, 12:57 AM
haZe
Warz has been totaly out of hand lately. I can think of 10 posts right off my head where he either:
-Flamed
or
-Talked when he didn't need to; knew nothing about the discussion
March 12, 2003, 7:07 AM
MrRaza
Thanks Grok. I think it was orignally my thread that got deleted.
March 12, 2003, 12:04 PM
Grok
Only 10?  I guess we're doing a good job then.  warz posts 10 times a day with some kind of flame.  We have enough administrators that delete his stuff that you don't see most of it.

I delete pretty much everything he posts, unless it looks slightly interesting.  He does have plenty to offer, but for some reason he'd rather flame.

Banning is pointless by the way.  He's not a moron.
March 12, 2003, 5:31 PM
Eternal
Just try ignoring them then...he clearly likes the attention <shrugs>
March 15, 2003, 5:44 AM
warz
My bad, I don't know what I was thinking.
March 15, 2003, 1:49 PM

Search